Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Garages
21-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Garages
I was building a new house on The Sims 2 today (I haven't played in a while) and I realized how hard it is to make a garage attached to a house with a foundation. I think that is awful! Even when you successfully get it to work, the walls are messed up.

I think EA needs to rethink how the garages will work. We know we are getting cars and different ways to park cars, but I haven't seen anything about garages.

And while we are on the subject of garages/driveways, I think we should be able to build driveways in any shape we want and the car still follows the path we build.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Re: Garages
Yea, good idea that would be good! Wonder if they've thought about it and are just keeping it a secret.
I've never tried to do a garage on a foundation D:
Sucks that it doesn't work though.
21-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I could never build a garage attached to the house.  It had to be either far apart or I would just give up.Most of the time I would put the driveway down and put the car there and thats it. I would like them to improve on how to make driveways it was to difficult for me.
27-02-2009, 12:36 AM
I agree!

I'd love to have a side attached garage, but the codes you have to use are ridiculous!  I managed to get the codes to work, but the work to do it was insane, and there was NO WAY that I was going to be able to remember all that information!

I have a composition book that I have specifically for writing things like cheat codes, codes for building, etc. into.  I even have all my registration codes for my games written down, in case I lose the booklets somehow.

But seriously ... EA needs to rethink the ability to build walls that can attach to a foundation, and not make the game look stupid.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
05-03-2009, 01:15 AM
and what about having the driveway go in the other direction?
so you could have the driveway on the right side of the house but not needing a tiny house and enormous side yard
05-03-2009, 03:32 AM
(21-02-2009 12:14 AM)Bat link Wrote:I was building a new house on The Sims 2 today (I haven't played in a while) and I realized how hard it is to make a garage attached to a house with a foundation. I think that is awful! Even when you successfully get it to work, the walls are messed up.

I think EA needs to rethink how the garages will work. We know we are getting cars and different ways to park cars, but I haven't seen anything about garages.

And while we are on the subject of garages/driveways, I think we should be able to build driveways in any shape we want and the car still follows the path we build.
Seriously. I had to rearrange a CC home,and it didn't look so good,cause I had to make a garage.
I agree to build a pathway of how we want to,there's not ONE way as far as driveways go.