Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to improve environment
19-07-2009, 07:57 PM
How to improve environment
Hey guys. I have a problem with 1 room in my newly built house. It's the main bedroom, and I've fitted it with the best floor coverings, best wood panels walls, mats, plants, nice lights & many many windows. But when they walk in the room their environment bar drops to yellow. It's higher in the green in rooms I'm still halfway through building with no pretty walls or decorations. It's life stories if that makes any difference.

All three family members find the room ugly or something. I've changed the floors & walls to other types of stone & wood panels, but they still hate it and I'm running out of money changing it all the time. The room is at the back of the house and the land seems (hard to explain), like it's been lowered for me to place this house on the lot. So the land outside their lot goes up a high hill. I don't know if that makes a difference? thanks  Smile
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Re: How to improve environment
I don't have Life Stories... but maybe the rooms too small? Is it cluttered?

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
20-07-2009, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2009 04:39 PM by lems.)
Re: How to improve environment
(20-07-2009 01:36 AM)Bobert link Wrote:I don't have Life Stories... but maybe the rooms too small? Is it cluttered?

Thanks for your help. No, the room is actually quite large, and I have the double bed, with the dressers & lamps, recliner, a plant, pictures on the walls & the treadmill. I moved the treadmill out, but it didn't improve. Maybe the room is dark because of the hill behind the house as the room is built right out to the boundary. I'm going to try building it a little different away from the boundary to see if that helps.

Update: After messing around with many different windows & floor/wall coverings, I finally thought of building a deck off their room. That made the environment go from the yellow up to nearly the highest green (not saving any of the other attempts of wall/floor or window changes), so it seems a large door to a deck did the trick. I'm still learning how to build, but maybe because the room was down the back of the house in the back corner, it needed a lot more outside light?  ???