Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to play Sims 1 from a memory stick instead of a CD?
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Is it possible to play Sims 1 from a memory stick instead of a CD?
Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching but no luck.

I want to play original Sims on a netbook ( a very small laptop without a CD drive). Is it possible to copy the CD onto a memory stick and play it from there instead? I've got the CD for the original game plus On Vacation & a couple of other expansions.

thanks for your help
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Re: Is it possible to play Sims 1 from a memory stick instead of a CD?
This is the answer I got from the nice guys at the EA help desk:

Please be informed that most EA games are not designed with laptop use in mind. Part of this lies in the fact that some laptop video cards may have different operation specifications as opposed to their desktop counterparts. While these games may run on laptops, their performance cannot be fully guaranteed.

You should be able to run the original Sims off a memory stick instead of the CD, but it cannot be guaranteed.

So I tried running from the memory stick (previously installed from CD) but it still asks for the CD.

Next I tried copying the CD onto the memory stick and installing from the stick, but it refuses to install.

So, sadly, I guess I've answered my own question: No, you can't.  Sad
16-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Re: Is it possible to play Sims 1 from a memory stick instead of a CD?
(03-03-2009 12:59 PM)aelfgifu link Wrote:So, sadly, I guess I've answered my own question: No, you can't.  Sad

I have noticed this too when transferring saved information from computer to computer. Not a big deal because I have a laptop, but it would still be nice to run from a memory stick. A shame.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]