Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book Recommendations?
09-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Book Recommendations?
Hey all!

I've recently been reading A LOT since I now have access to the public library (go bus system!). So, I was wondering if anyone had any book recommendations? (Aside from Twilight lol). If you are also wanting some book recommendations, tell me so and I'll give you some of mine too.

I'm also asking this because today I put together a site where I'm going to post kinda like book reviews, only not so much strictness in them. More like putting my thoughts onto the web about what I thought of the book (okay, so like book reviews xD)

Here's the link to the site if you want to check it out, but no one is going to force you: http://www.books.dreamy-stars.com/.

I guess I just got inspired from The Sims Times for writing things and actually posting it xD I've been meaning to post some of my (badly) written stories, but I just haven't o_o

So anyways, I'll stop ranting, tell me what you all read!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Re: Book Recommendations?
I like the website and the idea of a book review site. I love to read Ellen Hopkins books my favorite book from here is Impulse its about three teenagers going into a psychiatric hospital after trying to commit suicide. It has some romance mixed into,but its really good and depressing at times. Also try out Crank by her its based on her daughter who started to use drugs as a teen and then got pregnant. Her books are written in free verse poetry.
Another book I would recommend is a book called Everlost its a fantansy book about these two kids that die and go into a world called everlost its really good too. Hope the recommendations help you out.
09-03-2009, 05:20 AM
All of them sound really good. I just reviewed Go Ask Alice, and Crank is something like it too, so it'd be nice to do that one.

I'll be adding them all to my list!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Animal Farm - George Orwell
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Has anyone read "Veronika Decides To Die" ?

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
11-03-2009, 03:47 AM
(09-03-2009 08:33 AM)Oisín link Wrote:Animal Farm - George Orwell

I read it in high school, but it is a good idea to ad to the list!

(10-03-2009 06:47 PM)Ahmed link Wrote:Has anyone read "Veronika Decides To Die" ?

No, I've never read it. I might have heard of it, though...

11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh, it's called True Colors!!!    yeah, people love them here
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
To Kill a Mockingbird-Harper Lee

12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
1942 - George Orwell

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
The Giver.
I forgot the author but even though its kinda small its a really good book. xD
and
A Step From Heaven - An Na
and if you haven't, read The Outsiders fer sure.
or just watch the movie. xD

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo