Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bus/Jump Glitch
13-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Bus/Jump Glitch
Hi,

I am brand new here so sorry if this is a dumb question or if I should be checking somewhere else first.  I only joined to see if anyone could help this particular glitch I started having...

I have several families with a lot of children.  Just recently, when the teenagers start coming home they will begin celebrating their good grades, but before they can all get off the bus all the kids in the family (including the young ones that shouldn't come home until 3:00) jump to a random place on screen and no one has their homework.  This happens to all the families.  As a note, the problem first happened when one of my parents came home at the same time as the first school bus.

I've tried reinstalling, deleting all unnecessary files and moving the family out and then back in.  I only have the Sims 2 and have never used mods or cheats or any sort of custom content and I've used the game sucessfully for years now until just recently.

I appreciate any help or tips anyone can provide.  Thanks!!
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Re: Bus/Jump Glitch
Have you patched your game?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
13-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Good question!  Forgot to mention that I had it patched before and I also re-downloaded the patch after re-installing the game. Hopefully I didnt' forget to mention anything else important.
13-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Does it happen in every neighborhood?

13-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I only play in 1 neighborhood where it happens in every family.  I did try to create a "test" neighborhood where I made a big family and ran them through a few days and I couldn't recreate the problem. 
13-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Sounds like it is a glitch in that neighborhood then. I don't think that you can do anything but recreate the neighborhood.

13-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Is there anyway to transfer the families AND relationships from 1 neighborhood to the other?  I'm on the 3rd generation of the starting families, otherwise I wouldn't mind so much.

Thanks for your help. Smile
13-03-2009, 11:25 PM
You could try making a new neighborhood in the game and then out of the game go into you Sims 2 folder and copy the folder "Characters" from whatever neighborhood is corrupt. I'm not completely sure it will work, but it is worth a try, right? Also, you should be able to copy over the "Lots" folder.

I do not guarantee this will work and it might cause the game to crash so be sure that you can exit the game and take out that folder if needed.

13-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I moved all the Neighborhood 6 character and lot files into the newly created neighborhood character and lot folders.  When I open the new neighborhood though the neither the families or lots appear.  Am I doing anything wrong or should I try anything else?

I'm going out for a bit now, but I shall check back for a response later.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the helpful suggestions. Smile 
13-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't know then.