Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The forums too...strict? [Petition]
14-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Re: The forums too...strict? [Petition]
(14-03-2009 05:11 AM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:I don't agree.  I think the forums are great, the Mods are a helluva lot nicer and less "lock happy" than the ones on most other forums.

I can totally understand where they are coming from and why they do the things they do. I can understand why you guys might feel they are being unfair, but they're just following the rules to help keep the forum as fun and friendly as can be.

Even if it's Off Topic, there are some threads that just don't belong. Ever. Period.  I can understand why you might feel they are too strict, and that you might want to see some changes, but keep in mind these aren't always possible :3

I think the Mods do a great job.  Even if some to tend to come off as a bit ... extreme, at times.  But, all we can do is express our concerns and go from there.

I agree with Majick. No offense to anyone but some of the conflicts on this forum are stupid.
And if the mods didn't lock it then it would get completely out of hand.
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Hmm.. I don't think they are. It's a breath of fresh air from all the "PG" forums I came from. Keep in mind that not every single user likes off-topic ness, as it can be confusing for some of the newer members.

I love this forum, and if anything they could be stricter with some of the language, but of course I don't mind bad language Smile.
~Anna

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
28-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I think the Mods are doing a great job. And they are certainly not too strict. Bat you are doing the right thing.
Some times when I read a post, it just seems like gibberish. Sorry, but sometimes if you are not in on the joke you just don't get it.
Maybe using a chat for that sort of thing would be better.  Smile
28-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I think the mods are the most friendly mods I have seen on any forum that I have been on. They are not that strict and if they lock a thread  which is rarely they usually have a good reason for it. Sometimes the inside jokes are confusing,but I really don't mind that much. I think if the mods do censor some of the post I think its good I mean do we really need that type of language in such a friendly environment, plus there are a few younger people on the forum.
28-03-2009, 12:41 PM
I have to agree with Justin and Majick.

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
28-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I think its needless to say that the whole 'laid back' thing isnt going to well XD
28-03-2009, 09:38 PM
(28-03-2009 05:39 PM)Button Brad!!! link Wrote:I think its needless to say that the whole 'laid back' thing isnt going to well XD

If you are referring to the recent incident, you must remember that no mod was online during that time. It's not they were too laid back, heck they did a great job patching things up, they just weren't there in the first place to stop it before it got any worse. Smile

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
29-03-2009, 01:50 AM
and im in the middle yeah i agree with the mods but i also agree with the other side ill have a think about dis one

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

29-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Ollie, you were not in the middle. Ever.

Yeah, Jer, but when they were on they didnt get mad and tell them to stop right away, because tehy were trying to be laid back.
29-03-2009, 04:12 AM
(29-03-2009 04:05 AM)Button Brad!!! link Wrote:Yeah, Jer, but when they were on they didnt get mad and tell them to stop right away, because tehy were trying to be laid back.

Being mad at people isn't going to solve anything, in my opinion. When they came back on, Bambi issued a long statement as well as Bat. They gave out warnings and made it clear they wouldn't stand for anything more. In my opinion, they did a superb job.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]