Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trouble with loading the Sims Complete Edition.
19-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Trouble with loading the Sims Complete Edition.
I just got a copy of the Sims Complete edition today and have installed it onto my computer, that all went fine, my problem now is that when i go to play it and get to the neighborhood screen it seems to just keep cycling through the loading of the different expansions. I hope I'm explaining it properly.  I'm running it on windows vista and i tried to change the compatibility to windows XP service pack2, but it is still doing it, i cant quit, make a family nothing  Sad

I went to the EA site and tried to download what patches they had available, but i already had them installed. I'm at a loss as to what to do next, i was really looking forward to creating homes again.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to get this game to work please let me know, word of warning I'm not that computer savvy so try to keep it simple...lol
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Re: Trouble with loading the Sims Complete Edition.
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
20-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Does it cycle through all of the EPs over and over and over and over? Or do you quit before it ends? And have you done what was suggested above?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
23-03-2009, 05:46 PM
It was just cycling over and over, i left it for 20 mins and it was still doing it, so i came and wrote here on the forums. Lo and behold when i went to show my husband what it was doing it had corrected itself  {wacko}

Thanks for the replies. Happy Simming  Big Grin
24-03-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm glad you got it working! It's the most frustrating thing when a game does not work...

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]