Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All my data....lost?
28-03-2009, 08:13 PM
All my data....lost?
I've encountered a problem before where I've accidently moved the file and then resolved it
so this is not a question like that.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but just the other day I spilled a small amount of juice
on my laptop. Nothing is wrong with it though so I don't think that's the cause.

THE PROBLEM.

As some of you know I've been working on a family named the Philips family.
I've been putting off an update so I decided that today I was gonna play and update.
I open up the game and everythings working fine until I go to La Fiesta Tech, which is where my sims offsprings
are at college. I open up the family and everything is wrong!
The aspiration is wrong, they have no skill points whatsoever, they are adults instead of young adults, they don't even know eachother as siblings! They have no relationships, no memories, no nothing! The only thing that's the same
is their hair, clothes, makeup, etc.

Confused, I went back to where the kids parents are, aka the founders and everything is messed up their too!
I don't know what to do :'(

I restarted the game twice just to see if it was a random error in the loading process but it wasn't.

Sorry if that makes little to no sense, I'm still in shock..
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Re: All my data....lost?
Whoa, that is so weird o_o

I'm at a complete loss for what went wrong. My guess is that the game glitched big time and the only way to fix it would be using SimPE :/. Do you have all of the patches and everything?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
28-03-2009, 11:13 PM
It doesn't sound like the spill did anything, but do your other games run properly? Are your other files all good?

And like Phoebe asked, is everything patched? Latest drivers for the computer?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
29-03-2009, 02:45 AM
It should be O.o it was all working fine last time which was during March break although
I didn't play that family..
29-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Perhaps the family is just corrupt.

Is it only that family?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
29-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure I'll have to check. I think so though. Like there was the Philips twins
and they were the ones messed up they had like man voices. The other two Maxis boys that they
were living with were fine! They had nothing missplaced or anything! D: