Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Harry Potter Official Thread
01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread
Aww, the Puff House, the house of the humble and loyal.

Don't worry about it Jeremiah - we will feed you all our HP knowledge and soon you'll know everything, if you stick around for mine and Bambi's discussions long enough. =P She says she'll reply tonight, so hopefully that will get things going.

Btw, just searched 'meathead' up online, it says it is infact a muscular person: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meathead

I'm confused now, as to what the OP of that meant... did they mean Rupe's is muscular guy, or a doof? =\

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
(01-04-2009 04:34 PM)SmartPriceLightBulb link Wrote:Aww, the Puff House, the house of the humble and loyal.

Don't worry about it Jeremiah - we will feed you all our HP knowledge and soon you'll know everything, if you stick around for mine and Bambi's discussions long enough. =P She says she'll reply tonight, so hopefully that will get things going.

Btw, just searched 'meathead' up online, it says it is infact a muscular person: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meathead

I'm confused now, as to what the OP of that meant... did they mean Rupe's is muscular guy, or a doof? =\

I certainly will stick around. Smile

If you look further at the definitions, you can see almost every entry describes him as, "An enormously muscular guy who cannot hold a conversation about anything other than weight-lifting and protein shakes. Gets upset very quickly when he cannot complete his own sentences and thoughts", "an insanely large and muscular individual that only thinks about body building, the gym, and protein", and "A derogatory term referring to a person who is dead from the neck up."

It basically means they're muscular and stupid.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Ahh yep, you're right. Smile Well, even if Rupert is stupid [none of us can prove this!], does it matter? He's hot, he's loaded, and he's hot. So no problems there. Wink

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
The Puff House! Yay, Jeremiah! XD

Haha, see? Cassie knows what's important.

Alright, now...please hold while Bambi types an obnoxiously long post that will leave everyone thinking {blink} and ??? and most likely {rolleyes}.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Oooh, I got Ravenclaw!

Also, I was reading that and....

I was laughing at the different rude meaning for things lol..

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
01-04-2009, 07:46 PM
(29-03-2009 06:55 PM)SmartPriceLightBulb link Wrote:Firstly, I just wanted to say, it's been a little sunny over here today, so I've been doing a bit of reading in my garden, just relaxing, and I've just came in about half an hour ago to discover HP & the COS is on the television! So, I'm watching that right now. WHAT a coinkidink that they choose to show a Potter film right at the time of my Potter-highs. =] And, it's been a while since I saw COS, too.

Now, back on topic. Smile

YAY, replies! Gah, I'm happy, I wondered if maybe I'd been a little to eccentric with that post and all the ideas would put people off. But, hence, the people here are too cool for that. Tongue

Aw, that’s really cool. Big Grin And yes, I understand that was a few days ago, but still. I think, out of all the movies, COS is the one that I’ve watched the least. I really don’t understand why that is. Although, if I recall correctly, it’s also the book I’ve read the least. That may have something to do with it, I don’t know. But anyway, very, very cool.

Too eccentric? If that’s the case, we both are. XD Us and our epic posts. {rolleyes}

dateline= Wrote:Hehe, thank you.  {blush} It honestly just occured to me that there is so much to explore with when it comes to Harry potter. And I know you love to discuss it too, and we've talked about how we miss these types of conversations, so I thought, hey, who's stopping us doing it all over again? And, I appreciate you replying before you had to go! Gives me something to, you know, reply to. {rolleyes} Big Grin

I really have missed our HP rants/discussions. I think you’re the only person I’ve talked to who truly shares the same level of obsession for HP as I do. That’s awesome.  And you’re welcome, of course.

dateline= Wrote:True that. Smile I just think it'd be more cosy and add to the Potter atmosphere if we had our own 'houses'. Fingers crossed I get into Slytherin, but Ravenclaw seems like a very grounded house too. Gryffindor is a remarkable house also, but it's a little too typical for my liking. Almost everyone wants to be in Gryffindor. Whoever said we ccan't form our own prodigious group from a different house? Smile
As for Hufflepuff (or as I christened it, the Puff house), aww, I do pity them sometimes. The ones that don't have any particular prominent or meritorious talents or traits. If I'm being wholly honest, if Hogwarts were to exist in the real world, and I happened to actually be a witch, I would most likely be sent off to this house. I'm not particularly brave, nor intelligent and definitely not sly, I just feel this would probably be the house where I'd fit in the best. Not that I'd MIND being in the Puff house - if that's where I belonged, then so be it, but obviously I'd be more delighted to fit into one of the other houses.

Honestly, I bet I’d be in ‘The Puff House’ (hehe) as well. Either that or Ravenclaw, though I don’t consider myself to be so wise. No matter, we’d make Hufflepuff the new Gryffindor, right? XD

Eep, Gryffindor…it’s always, always, always about Gryffindor. Nearly everyone wants to be in that house, and it does get a little…blah.

NOTE: There's more, trust me...

01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
dateline= Wrote:I'm actually really craving another read-through of the series. I was in the garden reading today, and while I was reading a good book, I had a real urge to just grab The Philosopher's Stone and get through the series once again. Well, in early June, my exams will be over and I'll have a couple of months to read through with you (and anyone else is they wanted to, of course =]), although to be perfectly honest I could start rereading at any time, as 3-5 chapters a week isn't an intense amount of reading. I'm ready to get reading whenever! I've never had a chance to thoroughly discuss the series in it's entirety, every single chapter, in depth. I think it'd be a zany way for me to unwind, and a lot of fun. Plus, who knows what little facts and theories will pick up along the way, right? Smile

Oh, so am I, as you’re well aware of by now. XD Though you already discussed the read-through in your update, so I suppose I don’t have too much to say about it now. But I will say I can’t wait! 

dateline= Wrote:I do remember we had a very long discussion about Jo's writing techniques. And a little about a Faith Hook, to, if I recall correctly. Wink Not heard much word on that. I wonder how she's doing with that? Tongue
We could set out the character analysis by picking out characters from the chapters we're reading at that time, if we do decide to reread the series together that is. That way, they sort of knit together so while we're not only analysing the going-ons in a chapter, we're also thinking about those involved too.
Or we could just nominate a random character, be it crucial or small, to have a little (or large) talk about, whenever we get the feeling to talk about them.

It was a very long discussion, indeed, in which we agreed on just about everything, if not everything. Yep, the good old Faith Hook. I’d imagine it’s slow goings right now, but it’ll pick up soon once she’s that decent break from HP she keeps rambling about {rolleyes}

To keep this post from being epically epic, all I’ll say about the next part of this quote is: fantastic ideas. I guess we’ll expand more on that once we get down to this book-reading business.

dateline= Wrote:The DVD is getting a midnight release party? Wha-... the DVD? Wow. Right. Okay then. But... it's a DVD. Of a film everyone's already seen. But okay.

Already filled you in on this, but just for good measure I’ll say this: I completely agree. When I heard, all I thought was ???.

dateline= Wrote:I was actually watching the KCA's last night. Twilight won best book. It won against Harry Potter. I wanted to cry. I thought our fandom was large and eager enough to ensure HP took that title. But... we all have to be let down once or twice, I guess. Twilight must have it's 15 minutes of fame, after all.

Let’s hope it’s only 15 minutes. I really, really just want it to fade into the past now. I’m pretty much done with all this Twilight nonsense, and the series has been…well, I wouldn’t really say ruined, but I’m having a MUCH harder time enjoying it than I use to because of all the fuss that’s been made about it. Poor HP…it truly deserves the title, no matter what a bunch of kids think.

NOTE: Still more...

01-04-2009, 07:48 PM
dateline= Wrote:And, I completely agree, they were so CUTE in the first film. So small, especially Ron. Rupert is so darn adorkable in that film. 
And you know, I do miss seeing them in their uniform. There's too many scenes, nowadays, where they're sporting casual clothes. I do want to see them in their casual clothes, sure - nobody hangs about in their uniform all day, anyway. But I want to see more of them in their uniform, too. Not sure why, but it is a preference I hold for the films. It was Alfonso who started breaking them out of their uniform, and the trend has only continued and increased since then.

They were completely and utterly adorable. Haha, I remember loving Rupert so much in the first movies (not quite the way you do, Cassie, I’m just saying he was 100% lovable and, as you said, adorkable). And, though Emma’s eyebrows were as crazy as ever in those movies, at least she had her bushy hair…which I just realised is discussed more in the next quote, so moving on. XD

Oh, right, uniforms. I really, really miss them. I’d love it if they’d at least wear them around the castle and whatnot again. While they’re relaxing, then of course they should wear casual clothing. But the rest of the time, during school business, they need to be dressed for the part. Tongue

dateline= Wrote:And Hermione's hair then = how it should always have been. Emma's hair now is blonde, and too silky and perfectly well groomed. Hermione needs brown, thick hair - it's part of her character to me. I know it's too late to break out of the pattern with Emma's hair that the films have now took on, but Emma would have doen nicely to have kept the bushy hair, at least for the first 3 or 4 films. It would have made her transformation for the Yule Ball, for example, a lot more extraordinary had we seen Emma discard the tangle of bushy hair for an elegant style - just like in the books. Personally, I didn't think Hermione looked that breathtaking at the ball, although that could have been because I thought the dress was awful, and was pink and not periwinkle blue as it should have been - although this could also be just because I've been used to seeing how Emma looks at premieres and similar events.

Completely agreed. We all know Emma has gorgeous hair, but Hermione DOESN’T. The first two films, I think, stayed much closer to the book. That’s why they have that special spark about them that the others, quite simply, don’t. Although, I suppose it’s too late now to fix things like Emma/Hermione’s hair, considering it’d be strange to switch back after 3 movies. Ohs wells.

Oh. Don’t even get me started on her dress. It. Was. Disasterful. Absolutely awful, and not at all how I had imagined it while reading (especially considering it was, as you said, periwinkle blue in the book, NOT pink). Ron’s Yule Ball attire, on the other hand, was much, much truer to the book.

dateline= Wrote:But anyway, see, I'm off rambling now too, hehe. So, we're up for a film analysation too? Smile

Again, in an attempt to make this post just a little less epic, I’ll just say yes, yes, YES to film analysation. Man, are we obsessed. XD

dateline= Wrote:You mean, The Tales of Beedle the Bard? My mum actually bought be the book not long ago, and I've yet to read it! This probably sounds terrible of me, but... I honestly, don't much care for the fairytales. I really only want to read about Harry's world, and his tale. I'm sure the book is a pleasant read and I'll definitely get round to it, but, eh, like you, I would not count it as a gift of any kind. DH was definitely our last until HBP. We've waited such a long time now...

Yep, yep. That’s exactly it. Haha, I received it for Christmas shortly after it came out last year, and I’ve yet to read it as well. While it may carry the HP title on it’s cover, it certainly has very, VERY little to do with HP itself. In fact, the only thing connecting it to the series is it’s involvement in the 7th book. But everything we really needed to know about it is explained in DH, so there’s really no point in that light, if that makes any sense at all. XD

On another note, it’s APRIL. Meaning we’re just a little more than three months away from HBP! Eep! Nothing will compare to my excitement (and most likely yours as well, Cassie) in the few days leading to and the day of the release of HBP. XD

dateline= Wrote:Oh, yes! I did read about the Dobby story! So, if Dobby does make it to part two, as it seems, then the film divide has to be past the Malfoy Manor chapter, as if my memory seres me well, that is the chapter poor Dobby perishes in. I definitely think we should take a long time whisking up some theories about this. It might be easier to figure out after we've reread the series, although by that time, it may have been revealed where the divide will happen. I'm pretty sure we know the book enough to work something out though - and if not, we can always just skim the boook and look for possible scenes that would be ideal to split the film at.

What we could do is make an early, unofficial guess before we reread the series, just in case the official spot is declared before we have a chance to read the 7th book. If it isn’t, then once we finish our read-through we can make a more accurate and official prediction. Would that work?

NOTE: And more...

01-04-2009, 07:49 PM
dateline= Wrote:All I know is, the wait between these to films will be like having an endless cruciatus curse set on you for a whole year. When the first part ends, I'll be in utter agony! It'll end on such a cliffhanger, too. Not to mention they recently extended the wait. I think it was meant to be released in May 2011? But now it's July? It might only be a couple of months, but a couple of months of pure agony they will be.

Haha, perfect way to put it. And very HP-like. XD Whaaat?! Extended wait?! No! One DAY is hard enough to wait for the second installment, let alone 6 months. And now they’re saying it’ll be 8?! Oh…dear…

We may have to leave the forums during that time, Cassie. Everyone will come after us with pitchforks and torches as I assume we’d be annoying as all get-out. XD

dateline= Wrote:I reckon so! Group 'Fics always end up being hilairous, because as you said, everyone has different thoughts and understandings of characters and such. But all the more fun! :0

Although I might have a go at writing my own FanFic though, just for the thrll of writing I suppose. The be warned, I am not so great at character depiction.

Ah, no worries. Again, it’s all just for fun!

dateline= Wrote:AHH! I see you bright up the old Faith Hook too! Gah, I knew you wouldn't forget it either! I still stand by what I said - I DO think it'll happen. It'll srping up as a surprise for us, you'll see. Jo knows what she's doing. She's only not talking about it because she doesn't want to feel the enormous weight of pressure us rabid fans would place on her if we all knew about it and were waiting for it to come out. Though, I enjoy surprises. Even though it wont be a surprise per se, for us. But fear not. I shall enjoy reading that Faith Hook, one day, be it in 2 years, 5 years, or even 10 years, one day we'll have it in our hands. I know Jo (well, I don't, but, I know they'll be a Faith Hook).

I'm still not totally certain where it's going though. I would suppose we should sae this for later discussions, but honestly, where would the Faith Hook take place...? BEEFORE Harry's time at Hogwarts, perhaps focusing on lily and James and Severus' times their (personally I'd love this). Or life AFTER the war? I'd love this, too, to be honest. Maybe we'd get to learn more about what our characters became, and their children. Many people have even siggest a book of missing scenes, which would be interesting too. Heck, I'll be honest, I'll take anything and be happy about it! As long as it's not about Dobby and his many odd socks, of course, which MIGHT be a little dull, but hey, you never know do you? Wink

Oh! I could NEVER forget the Faith Hook! I’m absolutely certain that we are right about it. She does know what she’s doing. Now she can sit back and write without all the pressures of fans and publishers and interviews. Then, once HP seems to be on it’s last leg, she’ll bring it back into focus with the announcement of the Faith Hook! It’ll be a complete shock to everyone except us. Yep, yep…it’ll happen. {yes}

I WOULD go on about suggestions and such for the Faith Hook, but perhaps we can save that discussion for after we reread the series? Man, this thread is going to be MASSIVE.

NOTE: And it continues...

01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
dateline= Wrote:I had a great time with our epic posts regarding HP. Good to see it start up again.

Me too, me too, me too! XD Haha, as you said before, epic seems to be our word of choice when describing our posts. We are now considered Epic Posters, not Top Posters.

dateline= Wrote:And now, bring on the HBP movie, I say! I've had heard that it's too romanced-filled, however we'll have to wait to see for ourselves, I guess. Some romance is always good. Though I don't read these books for the romance alone, so I hope it's not as gushy as some say.

Yesh! Oh, it’s about flipping time. HBP is a brilliant book, and I simply can’t wait for the movie any longer. We already discussed the romance shtuff, so I’ll leave that out for now. All I’ll say is that I agree completely, as usual. 

dateline= Wrote:Hehe, the first two movies have something about them. They're very, very faithful to the books they're based upon, not to mention the cast were very young at these times and the Harry Potter mania was just beginning. I always get a tingling of nostalgia watching the first two.

NOTE: NOW I'm done. God knows why I kept getting an error. Must have been a very large post?

Wee, I’ve reached the end! Haha, anyhoo…exactly! I think I mentioned that at the beginning of this post, as well. There’s something about the first two movies that’s just…amazing. Always brings about nostalgia and memories for me.

Just so you know, I’ve typed all of this in Word and…it’s 7 pages long. Oh dear…we have a problem. XD

NOTE: Done. {blush}

Thread Closed