Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YouTube; This video is not available in your country...
05-04-2009, 12:58 AM
YouTube; This video is not available in your country...
GRR.

[Image: effyoutube.jpg]

IF I SEE THIS ONE MORE TIME I WILL EXPLODEE.  {cursing} How is it that I'm from the UK but cannot even watch videos from UK artists? What the HELL is that?

I know a lot of you on these forums are from the the US of A so you wont need to suffer this, but for those of you who aren't... O.M.G How annoying is this? Every other video I click on [this is NOT even an exaggeration, I swear] I can't even watch because I'm not living in America. I'm sorry but that is totally discriminating. And it's almost always music videos. Why should only Americans get to watch half the music videos on YT? Yesterday I tried to watch Alexandra Burke's 'Hallelujah', who came to fame on a UK TV show, and she is from the UK, oh, and her YT channel is 'AlexandraBurkeUK'. Oh, but wait. Nobody from the UK can even view her video! And Universalmusicgroup are morons, all their videos are for US citizens only.

I only made this thread for two reasons;

1) Vent.
2) Does anyone know how I can get past this? I use Hotspot Shield to get an American IP address - works on every other site except YT, which doesn't seem fooled. Anyone know any other ways?

YT is getting worse and worse. They even advertise on videos now, wtf is that? {blink}

Man, I'm angry.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Re: YouTube; This video is not available in your country...
;_;
There are certain shows in the UK,that I wanted to watch,and I couldn't.
<_<

05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
That's just a couple of videos though. I wouldn't mind of this was an occasional thing. But it's every freaking day. On almost every freaking music video I want to watch. And it's annoying as hell to put up with. =\

05-04-2009, 01:03 AM
o_O
I heard something about UK not being able to watch music videos?

05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Leona Lewis... she won on the same UK show that Alexandra did... and she's from the UK... but nope, can't see her videos either. It's disgusting. -_-

05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Why can't you just change your country in your account preferences?

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
05-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Tried that. It doesn't work. Thanks though. Wink

05-04-2009, 01:11 AM
(05-04-2009 01:09 AM)Jeremiah link Wrote:Why can't you just change your country in your account preferences?
I've tried ;_;
Doesn't work.

05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
I got an idea.. make another account and make it in the USA so you can view your music videos and still keep your old YT. Big Grin

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
05-04-2009, 01:14 AM
You went to Account-> Profile Setup?

And BTW, your username = {lol}

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]