Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fred has 1,000,000 subscribers :O
08-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Re: Fred has 1,000,000 subscribers :O
(08-04-2009 02:06 PM)Cassie ㋡ link Wrote:The one good thing with YouTube is you can get famous so easily.

Uhh, sorry, but no. Tongue

Getting "famous" on YouTube is just as hard as getting famous in the real world, if not harder. You have to give the people what they want. You must constantly fine tune your content (that means making mistakes) to find out what works and what doesn't. Any idea you may have that you think could get you famous, chances are there's already someone doing it. And if you do have a unique idea that no one has done before, clawing your way to the top is hard. Very hard. You must thrive off user feedback, good or bad. That means dealing with nasty haters and those that will try everything to disrupt your road to fame. And believe me, people are actually that pathetic nowadays that they will spend their own time and resources constantly bashing you. That means anything from mean comments to death threats to down right stalking you. Thus, this is where many are forced to bow out because the haters are too great or unrelenting.

And if you do manage to make it past the haters and your idea is still fresh and new and your videos are polished, you still have to get your name out there. Many come about doing that by spamming the already famous people's videos or channels with shameless advertising in hope that you will somehow draw attention to yourself. They are like vampires, pumping every last drop of blood from the veins of YouTube in order to get their name out there. This is probably the worst thing you can do for your channel. One, you will just get reported to YouTube and your account will be closed and that's the end of it, or two, people just simply won't like you for spamming others' videos. Again, this is as far as most people make it.

Now, if you have made it this far in your YouTube career and gotten by the haters and have never spamvertised, and provided your videos are quality and you have a hefty subscriber base and view count, you may be eligible for the YouTube partnership ad-revenue sharing program in which you get paid for your content and approached for endorsements. But getting accepted is not easy and can take many tries. Some of the most famous YouTubers worked for months and never made a single dime, some even for years. Once again, this is where many drop out of the YouTube fame race. And, if by some miracle from the gods, you are accepted, this is no longer just a hobby, it is a money making vehicle.

But now you are held accountable for your content even more so than before. A bad video means low number of views which means you lose out in the money department. Also, the big companies will watch your videos like a hawk for copyrighted content and flag your video like lightning if you use music or TV shows that belong to them. That video gets taken down, you lose out on revenue sharing for that video, you get strike against your account, and if you get oh so many strikes, your account is as good as closed. Now you've slid all the way down the fame ladder to the pedestal of which you started out whilst the big companies drink the tears of the unfortunate from golden goblets.

Now, if you have managed to get known, avoid the haters, make quality copyright free content and are making a hefty income, congratulations. You have reached the big time and you are now thrust into a world of battling for subscribers and views, and dodging the thousands more who now hate you since you have become so known in the YouTube world. Now you can sit back and relax and wait six months for a bigger, better idea to come along which steals 30% of your fan base and subscribers while you scramble to make your content even better and hope not to be gobbled up and spit back out again by YouTube.

As you can see, it's not as easy as you think. But please, don't let this discourage you; you have as good a chance as anyone else! Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Did you just write ALL of that? Wow. You are in league with Bambi and I's epic postness!

Well I don't know, I know it's not EASY, but it's easier. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
(08-04-2009 10:20 PM)Cassie ㋡ link Wrote:Did you just write ALL of that? Wow. You are in league with Bambi and I's epic postness!

Yes I did! It was fun. And I am honored to be in the same league as you and Bambi. Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm too lazy to read that GIGANTIC post you got there Jer, sorry Tongue

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Haha, me too. I would read it, I think it's just because it's in a gigantic block that makes it off-putting. Tongue
Paragraphs are your friend! XD

08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Fine fine, I shall break it up into paragraphs. Tongue

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
It still looks big to me XD

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
08-04-2009, 10:31 PM
But now it is attractive.

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I skimmed read it! You did make some REALLY good points! Like, with all the hate you have to deal with, that would really be a knockdown for me. I see what you mean... I have no idea what's easier, getting famous to conventional way or via YouTube. I mean.. how do people GET famous anyway? Most people have to take initiative to get where they are today... find managers and whatnot. It's a good job I don't want to be famous, because it all sounds like too much hard work. {yawn}

PS; Yes, now it's a hot post. {drool}

08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Change the colour {woot}