Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
19-04-2009, 12:09 AM
YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
So.. some of you may not have a problem with harmless uses of songs copyrighted, but I do.
I met most of my YT friends through ToonTown, a online game, and anyways, they make music videos using the characters on the game like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzidtAWny...annel_page
(lol blobber is Zach on here XD)

Well anyways, a lot of my friends make AWESOME videos like that one, and they get the audio removed. They have to remove it because no one wants to see a video with no audio, and they attempt to put it back on, but NO, it gets removed again.
Here's what one of my friends says:
dateline= Wrote:*I hate WMG. They've taken half of my videos down. I searched them to see if I can possibly check their songs so I can do something they DON'T have, and it said it wasn't possible for the page. So they hide their poo, then they claim stuff. How do we even know it's them? Also, when searching them, there's a bunch of hate videos. I love hate videos, especially these, because they have such meaning.*
Why do they have to copyright everything? Oh, because someone wants music in their video, they have to take that right away?

YouTube is nuts, I swear. I wanna make a petition or something.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Re: YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
They copyrighted one of my vids too. Sad However, I guess it's against the law to go against copyright policies, and since youtube wants money they don't want to break the law.  Wink

Stupid copyright policies. >:[
19-04-2009, 12:33 AM
An online petition is pointless D:
But I know what you mean. It's annoying.

19-04-2009, 01:05 AM
I agree it is annoying.

But, it is the law.  Songs are copyrighted for a reason.  Even if we don't agree with them.  I've lost many a fave AMV's from YouTube because they were removed because of the Audio.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
19-04-2009, 04:41 AM
But I see how it's unfair.

I have a cousin who buys his CDs from stores, because he's a spoiled brat, and wants everyone's actual CD. 

But then, he makes youtube videos, and he rips the songs he wants off the CDs he buys.  But, they block his audio anyways, which is unfair, because he bought the CD, paid full price, so why can't he use his copy of the CD for a soundtrack.  He isn't giving the song away.

Copyright laws also say that we can do whatever we want, except illegally reproduce the copy of copyrighted material we own, so it's total bull what Youtube is doing.

There probably are a lot of people who payed for the songs, but also a lot of people paid for a CD or the song, and want to use it in their video to make it entertaining. 

Selfish musicians need to really shove it, talking about the video uploader needs their permission, if someone tried to ask for their permission, they wouldn't listen to the person, and they may have to pay for the freaking song they want to add to the video again. 

I know Youtube can't tell which people are the honest people and which people just illegally downloaded the songs, but there are honest people out there, who would pay an outrageous 17 bucks for a CD or a buck for a stupid song, but before they just do anything to their videos, they need to consider the fact that there are honest people out there.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-04-2009, 05:30 AM
(19-04-2009 12:09 AM)✿ɑɴɴɑ link Wrote:YouTube is nuts, I swear. I wanna make a petition or something.

It's not YouTube; it's the music companies that are the problem. Don't blame YouTube for covering their arses. Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
19-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Yeah, exactly.  YouTube makes the rules they have because otherwise Music Industries could sue them.

You're right though, too many musicians care more about making sure their music is making money, than that people are enjoying the music and using it to be creative and fun.  It's not like we're charging anyone to view the videos, YouTube is free to join etc.

Ah well.  Stupid Music Industries.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
19-04-2009, 06:26 AM
I agree, it is a bit annoying. Sooner or later the music industry will redo their policies from outbursts of the consumers lol

Until then, we have to deal with YouTube covering themselves through their rules.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
19-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, YouTube never used to be THIS controling... in the good old days you could do whatever you liked, no 'you can't view this because you're not in a certain country' crap, or audio swapping etc etc. So freaking annoying. I'd love to abandoned YT but I can't. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
19-04-2009, 12:15 PM
(19-04-2009 04:41 AM)PiplupIsDaCutest! link Wrote:But I see how it's unfair.

I have a cousin who buys his CDs from stores, because he's a spoiled brat, and wants everyone's actual CD. 

But then, he makes youtube videos, and he rips the songs he wants off the CDs he buys.  But, they block his audio anyways, which is unfair, because he bought the CD, paid full price, so why can't he use his copy of the CD for a soundtrack.  He isn't giving the song away.

Copyright laws also say that we can do whatever we want, except illegally reproduce the copy of copyrighted material we own, so it's total bull what Youtube is doing.

There probably are a lot of people who payed for the songs, but also a lot of people paid for a CD or the song, and want to use it in their video to make it entertaining. 

Selfish musicians need to really shove it, talking about the video uploader needs their permission, if someone tried to ask for their permission, they wouldn't listen to the person, and they may have to pay for the freaking song they want to add to the video again. 

I know Youtube can't tell which people are the honest people and which people just illegally downloaded the songs, but there are honest people out there, who would pay an outrageous 17 bucks for a CD or a buck for a stupid song, but before they just do anything to their videos, they need to consider the fact that there are honest people out there.

The idea that anybody who buys CDs is a spoiled brat hurts my feelings. I buy CDs because I think they have nice sound quality, and I think they generally have the price of what they're worth, and I don't believe in downloading illegally. Does that make me a spoiled brat?

I can't help it that I like things to be the good old-fashioned way. Sheesh.

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]