Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
19-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Re: YouTube, QUIT THIS COPYRIGHT CRAP.
(19-04-2009 05:27 PM)ZeVision link Wrote:And what YouTube is doing is wrong... Uploading those videos isn't in breach of copyright, all that copyright prevents is putting it up for download, or making people pay to listen to it and giving all the profit directly to oneself or somebody who is not affiliated  with the copyright holder(s), I think.

(19-04-2009 09:58 PM)PiplupIsDaCutest! link Wrote:Right, we can do anything to our copy of the copyrighted material as long as it isn`t illegal.
Not quite. Wink

From this Website:

dateline= Wrote:Copyright and the Public Domain

Authors own the exclusive rights to their compositions.  This is called a copyright, and the composition is protected for many years--even if the copyright is never registered with the copyright office.  A composition is considered to be "intellectual property"  The copyright may be sold, transferred, or inherited--but the copyright still endures.  If any music or lyrics are still under copyright protection
  • you CANNOT reproduce the music or lyrics
  • you CANNOT distribute the music or lyrics either for free, for no profit, or for profit
  • you CANNOT perform the music or lyrics in public
  • you CANNOT play a recording of the music or lyrics in public--even if you own the CD
  • you CANNOT make a derivative work or arrangement for public use in any form

Legally a copyright means that a musician, author, or artist has a "limited duration monopoly" on anything he creates.  The US Constitution grants the government power "to promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries." (Article 1 Section 8, US Constitution).  To legally enforce an author's claim to his copyright, his work must be registered with the copyright office.  Registering a composition provides public notification of copyright, and you cannot use the composition publicly unless you pay royalties--which can be substantial.  If you use a song under copyright without the owner's permission, you are subject to legal repercussions.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, it is the way I mentioned 4 books still.  It, for songs may had been recently changed since I learned in HS about it years ago,due to tech. advances.

But this copyright is total bull, so they expect people to watch soundless videos?  To me, it`s all about greed.  Now artists wants 2 charge radio stations for playing their songs when the radio stations iis the reason why they sell their songs.

Music today is total crap today anyways.  Artists don`t deserve a dime, ruining the minds of kids. In the past an artist would enjoy having their songs on crap.  If this is the copyright, then clubs and oother public places break copyright.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
19-04-2009, 10:34 PM
(19-04-2009 10:31 PM)PiplupIsDaCutest! link Wrote:If this is the copyright, then clubs and oother public places break copyright.

No, because they are authorized to play the music. Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
19-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Well technically if the movie is changed around a bit then its not technically copy writing but its dumb still

[Image: AMGD.gif]
[Image: ByoN.gif]
[Image: GGsA.gif]
[Image: GKmV.gif]
<br /> Clicky clicky<br /><br />[Image: ibb.png]
[Image: render_girl-1-1.png]
[Image: 6-1.png]
[Image: Sims3Nieuws045-1.png]
<br />Bambi Buttons now available in Blue Smile