Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Staggero Stones ( Magical RP with an adventure/fighting muse)
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Re: The Staggero Stones ( Magical RP with an adventure/fighting muse)
Exactly, and we won't have to worry about what we're going to do next without stepping on someone's toes.

I don't like the kind of RP where we decide what the next person does, I like being in control of Only My character, but offering a set up for their next post that they can either go with, or change the direction of.  I hate some of the RPs on here where people say what the other person does while they're doing 2 or 3 things.

Example of what I hate:
P1 - I moved to the other side of the room where Tammy was standing against the wall and I kicked her knees, laughing as she fell to the floor and then yelled at me.  This made me mad, so then I punched her in the face and laughed while she just sat there crying.

See, in that horrible post, someone got to do 2 different actions, while "Tammy" didn't actually get to decide anything for herself, it was decided for her and most likely wasn't something she would have done or wanted to do.

Example of how it could/should have been:
P1 - I moved to the other side of the room where Tammy was standing against a wall and I kicked her knees, laughing as I stepped away waiting for her next move.
P2 - After being kicked, I grabbed my knee and screamed from the pain, before stepping forward and throwing a closed fist at her face.
P1 - I dodged the fist, and threw one back at her, I was hoping to make her cry!
P2 - I wasn't fast enough, and I got hit.  Wow, that hurt.  I started to cry, I was surprised, and not sure what to do next!

You see there how each P (player) set it up so that the next P could decide what to do next.  Whether they wanted to take the hit, or change the direction.  They didn't force the other P to do what they wanted.

Which is another reason why I think it would be a good idea to set up a Turn Table of who will go 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.  So that we're going in turns, setting up situations for the next person to take/change, and be able to fully enjoy the play without too many "Oops I didn't see your reply as I was typing, so let's just go with what I posted." situations.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
When can we start?
Dont wanna rush, im just excited lol

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-05-2009, 05:42 PM
lol I know what you mean.

14-05-2009, 12:55 PM
LET US START!

I'm taking the example on Jeni's.

Ok, I'll go 1st, Jeni 2nd, Andrew 3rd and Tom 4th.

Everyone that put's in the RP, the part has to be atleast 5-10 sentences long.

We start at Corsa Town, the place where we all come from. It's always sunny and there's many beaches.

The places:
Kisa's Music Store
Himuto School
The Yoroushira Hotel
Taki's Restaurant
The Scallop (fish restuarant)
ZUBA! (Arcade)
The Market
Our houses
Corsa Town Library
Corsa Town Hall
Temple in the sky (After the four posts, and it's my turn again, we go here to receive the weapons and things like that)

Ok now, let's start!

I shifted in my uncomfortable sleep, thinking about the "accident" that happened three years ago. It was so clear to me, even though I was reliving it as a dream.
My mother, father, Tami and I were returning from our holiday in Abalanchia. As we came across a bend, I watched as a giant monster swooped down, I remember the shrill screams of my sister and parents, including me. I remember the swerve as we collided with the barrier. I remember.... the plunging feeling of the car over the barrier. And the loud crash as our car slammed into the canyon.
I stood up in bed, my hair was matted with sweat. Persipatation rolling down my body. My grandma came in as I woke up.
"Axel, time for school." she called from the door. "The rice balls are in the kitchen, make sure you brush your hair and get dressed.
"Yes, grandma." I replied.
When I was dressed and ate the delicious rice balls prepared by grandma Yuki, I walked to school, hands in my pockets and my iPod plugged in.
This is when I met Vendillah, her glasses catching the light. She waved at me politely.

(PS. We're all 16, by the way.) Wink

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
17-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Some Notes:
If something is in Italics/Teal, it means it's a Thought
If it's in Purple, it's what she's Saying

The morning was cool, and the sun was already shining brightly in the morning sky.  Eyes were cast skyward as she stared blankly up at the clouds.  Ah, how care free they must be, she thought to herself.  She held her books carefully to her chest in one arm, as the other lay at her side, her hand fidgeting with her skirt as she waited for the first bell to ring.  A soft breeze blew past her as she shifted her feet around, and pushed off from the tree in which she'd been leaning on.  Wish I could feel that care-free ... as her gaze fell from the clouds she glanced around.  Other students had begun to arrive, some already heading inside, others were still chatting and going about their own business.  Vendillah preferred to stand out of sight, and out of mind.  After a few moments, a familiar face came over the horizon, and she smiled.  It was Axel, and she gave a shy wave.

17-05-2009, 11:10 PM
My notes:
His thoughts will be in  Red
What he says will be in Green
I will do this in 3rd person

Trojan awakened with the bright morning sun in his face. Trojan did his usual morning push ups and walked to school under the day's heat.The morning wind was at least twice as humid as the past days.I wish everyday was as hot as this,Trojan loved the heat because when he sweats he knows he's losing weight and getting more fit.He entered the school building and walked past students at school and walked up to Zifa.

20-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Notes
I will also do 3rd person
I will use "" to do thoughts along with speech.

"Today’s the anniversary" Zifa thought as she put her books in her locker, "just five years my village was attacked by the evil army.  Almost no one survived, almost."  She was lost in her memories until she saw Trojan approaching.  She quickly turned toward her locker and suppressed her negative feelings determined to never let others know them.  With a bright face she turned back towards Trojan just as he approached, "Good Morning Trojan" she said in a cheerful voice.

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
20-05-2009, 02:05 PM
The Notes.
I'ma gonna do this in 3rd Person, it's easier for everyone.
Axel's thought's will be in this colour
What he say's will be in this colour.

Axel shuffled from the crowd, quickly taking a seat beside the window, also beside Trojan. The beautiful glowing sun splashed over Axel's face. The last time the sun was this warm, and the breeze cooled me down was when I played with my sister by the shoreline. How I wish those day's would come back...
He quickly came back into real life, and started his test paper. Trojan glanced at Axel, his brown eyes glittered with the sun.
Axel suddenly got lost in the gaze of his friend. A flashback started. He saw himse;f and his sister laughing as they ran along the dock. His sister's voice called "Axel, wait for me. It won't be fair if you see the fair-ride before me!". He then saw himself stop and wait. He then felt someone hurl their self towards him, it was his sister. That's when he finally came to sense. After class, he walked around the corner towards Vendillah and Zifa.
"Hello Vendillah and Zifa. What class do you have soon?" Axel asked them.
"I-I have History." Vendillah squinted as the sun flooded on her.
"I better go, Mr. Ordon must be waiting on me for English." Tifa said, before she waved and walked away.

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
20-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry, but what you did ... that's exactly what I said that I don't like.

I don't like people playing my character for me.  You saying what MY character is doing. I let it slide with you saying she waved at you, I could work off that and was able to finish my post with that.  But last I knew my character was outside, and now she's suddenly inside and I have no control over how that happened or even her talking?

If I'm role playing a character, I want to be the only one controlling them.  Sorry.  I'm not interested anymore. :\

21-05-2009, 12:08 AM
aww.. jen  Sad
umm.. ya i dont know what to do now lol