Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey, what's up?
26-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey, what's up?
Right Bat, what's up with this 'karma problem' all of a sudden?
Are you bored or something?

Giving karma to each other is one of the fun features that keeps this forum alive. And the 'abuse' of it is not as bad as you think. I personally, hooray people who are nice to me or say something that deserves a reward. When a few nice/awesome posts from somebody pile up, I give them a karma. I'm just too lazy to give a reason, because I just didn't know someone sees the actual message. I only found out now. It didn't kill anyone. There might be a few people who take away karma for no reason, or because they have a certain something with a person. Doesn't 'no way' count? I've been a victim of those certain attacks too and I wasn't complaining. So, I can complain now, because I don't have much and you took some from me as well. I am always teh victim, I know. {lol} I haven't been mean to anyone here either. You can take a look in my posts.

Also, it is a way to make friends around here. Or virtual enemies, for the matter if you take it away for no reason, just because you don't like someone's face. Should this be encouraged? I don't think so. Wink

What much help does this forum need? It's awesome as is and I enjoy it!

People will still continue breaking this 'rule', as they did like, since forever. And some still did after you wrote that post.

It's all my opinion, so don't kill me now. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Re: Hey, what's up?
It's all for the sake of fairness. People who have been the most helpful should get the most karma, and for a legitimate reason.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
26-04-2009, 07:45 PM
That's what I'm saying too... If I get karma for no reason, it's not my fault.
26-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Karma is just karma. If you get it taken away, that's because it isn't fair to others.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
26-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Although I do agree with Earthgirl on some points,it wouldn't be fair just to give/take karma away just cause you like/hate them. That would be being biased.

26-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hell Girl,

This 'rule' has been around for a while now. There used to be a stickied topic about it, but one of us must have unstickied it since the whole random reason thing seemed to have died down.

http://www.simsforums.net/website_feedba...861.0.html

Coming Soon...
26-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Hell Girl,

No, I am not bored. I regularly check the karma logs to try to keep things fair around here. I have not targeted you or anyone else. I am simply requesting that you give a valid reason for giving karma or for taking away karma.

Like Mike said, it has been around for a while. Lately I have noticed that the karma system is being abused. Karma isn't a competition. It's there so that if someone did something good, they can get rewarded. If someone did something that someone doesn't like, they get a point taken away.

And like others have said, it is just karma. It doesn't have anything to do with your rank on the site. The reason we want to keep the karma rule in place and enforce it is because we want new members to know who is legitimately a helper.

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
26-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, I'm glad things finally cleared up. {yes}

Or so I hope.

I have a habit in asking questions I seem to know the answer(and be wrong at some points), just to clear things up for me and the others. Not like I have any real problem with the karma thing here. Wink