Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You know you go to my school if...
03-05-2009, 11:06 PM
You know you go to my school if...
Okay so I found this note on facebook... it pretty much summarizes how crazy and amazing my school is. Some of the stuff doesn't apply anymore because we are under new administration (I miss Captain Dr. Ron Maxfield!), but a lot of it still holds true.

1. You know when the drug dogs are coming 5 minutes before they get there.
2. You aren't surprised to see everyone running to the senior parking lot when they hear the drug dogs are coming.
3. You know the drug dogs won't come to your class if you're an IB major, so you don't even attempt to hide anything you have to.
4. You know what cars all of the administrators drive and that when they are gone you can leave without worry.
5. There is no such thing as a closed campus.
6. You know parking in the senior parking lot could result in a ping mark on your car, but you park there regardless.
7. You never attempt dirt parking if your car isn't 4-wheel drive.
8. You accept the fact that there are bugs in the school. You have even come to accept the fact that there are rats.
9. You know if you get in trouble the FIRST place to go is Mrs. Harris.
10. You know that Ms. Burkes runs the school.
11. The day you heard Horn left, you got REALLY excited.
12. You have Extended Essay but you refer to it as Extended Lunch.
13. You know when Chicken Nugg day is, and you leave class early to stand in line.
14. You realize that it takes the lunch ladies a little extra time to get your change back to you, and you accept that.
15. You know how many more classes you can ditch before you get a No Credit.
16. You ignore the fact that Mrs. Coats calls your name every morning.
17. You know what time the recording will call your house if you ditched class that day, and you're always there to erase the message.
18. You carry EVERY DIFFERENT COLOR they make of tickets, so that when there is a "buy-your-way-out-of-class" show, you don't have to pay.
19. You know stairmaster james is your quickest escape route to the upstairs, unless you're an upperclassman, then you go to whichever staircase you want to.
20. You are comfortable with toilets that are half your size.
21. You carry around Purell because you know there won't be soap in the bathroom.
22. You have ever had your mickey stolen by Mrs. Barnett (love her.)
23. You refer to the parking lots as giant trashcans for all of your off-campus lunch sacks.
24. You know if you want to get something cleaned up you must speak a tiny bit of spanish.
25. You often have an excessive amount of absences in your first hour classes.
26. You dress for the weather in your classes because some teachers like to freeze you and some teachers don't believe in AC, and you know exactly what teachers those are.
27. Kicking rolling backpacks is your favorite sport.
28. You're an IB Major and you CANNOT escape Hulsey's e-mails.
29. You know that wearing flip-flops will not get you kicked out of school. Neither will wearing tank tops, or mini skirts.
30. You were unaware that we had detention, until just now.
31. You know every road around the school, and every way around the cop, if he's there.
32. You accept the fact that basketball games are as close as you'll ever get to football games.
33. The day of the Flaming Lips, you didn't care about a single class, you really just cared about what was going on that night.
34. Spring Fair day is your favorite day to ditch class and pretend you're helping "set up"
35. You plan ahead for the days you can miss school to go to the arts festival.
36. You have Mrs. Coats' number on speed dial.
37. You think Charity Ball is the greatest thing to happen all year, and yet you don't plan your outfit until an hour before you go to Pre-Party.
38. You know Homecoming is a BIG DEAL.
39. You're cheap. You like to pretend you're not, but you are.
40. You know at least 6 other people with the last name "Nguyen" AND how to correctly pronounce it.. You also know that none of them are related.
41. You've broken out into the Fresh Prince theme song at least once since the time you've gone to school there.
42. You agree that no matter how long Mandi is at Classen, she is still "The Refugee"
43. You know at least 13 people from other countries, because you attent the motherland for foreign exchange students.
44. You're on a first name basis with Mrs. Coats.
45. You go to The Red Cup, Someplace Else, and Saigon at least 4 times in a month.
46. You hear you have a substitute halfway to class and immediately start organizing transportation to anywhere off campus.
47. You recieve e-mail from, and know who Beth Croll is.
48. You are in any music related class and use contest as your "get-out-of-class-free" card.
49. You ever thought of buying Mr. Reid a tie for his birthday and/or christmas.
50. You know who Mr. Mensuer is, and you love him!
51. It's not uncommon to see people getting drunk at 10. AM that is.
52. You hear there are going to be breathalizers at a dance but you go shitfaced anyway.. because you know there will never be breathalizers.
53. When you choose to eat on the field you know you are also going to get hit with a ball.. because the kids at Classen aren't athletes, they're artists.
54. Even though you are taking IB classes it's okay to come to class a little drunk.
55. It's also okay to come to a vocal, guitar, or strings performance a little drunk.
56. The political debate is to watch kids who know more about politics than the politicians make fun of them
57. It's totally okay to wear black make up, capes, and spikes on your backpack. these people in fact are the friendliest.
58. It's cool to not take showers, or wear the same converse for 7 years.
59. You don't acknowledge Captain Ron when he asks for a moment of silent meditation because your conversation is much too important for that.
60. You don't worry if one of your friends gets kicked out or "sent back to their home school" because you know they'll be back in 2.5 days.. Or less if people put up signs.
61. You ditch class to do work for another class, which means to you have to ditch a second class to do the rest of the work and end up ditching the whole day to do more work than you would at school.
62. You have a firmly held opinion on who does the best Cecily Zacharias impression.
63. You have EVER run out of breath after walking up all three flights of stairs. (most likely because you were in the parking lot doing something you shouldn't be doing..)
64. All the IB majors are frantically turning in all the quarter's hulsey work the day before grades go in.. and the VPA majors... are not.
65. You get REALLY offended when someone mentions changing schools.
66. You have thought of changing the name from CSAS to CSAC (Classen School of Advanced Cheating) and CSAS (Classen School of Absent Students)
67. You get offended when people ask if you go to northwest classen when you say that you go to "classen"
68. You hang out in the annex hall even when you don't have a class any where near the annex.
69. You have heard Ms. Swains announcments so many times you have started to say "on tomorrow"
70. When someone asks you how your football team is (we don't have a football team), you proudly reply with "Well, we've never lost a game."
71. You plan homecoming around teams you know you can beat.
72. You made a paper hat and wore it all day protesting the fact that Dr. Horn banned hats.
73. You have ever climbed up on the roof for any reason, or just for fun.
74. Freshman initiation is a celebration for seniors when just about every lowerclassman is smothered in shaving cream and hit with a water balloon.
75. You know you go to classen if a graduate wears nothing but cowboy boots under her gown.
76. Someone in your grade made up a fake person to run in the Student Council lections, just to see if Burkes would explode.
77. You read through this entire list and had a story attached to each and every one.

Sorry it's so long!
Do any of your schools have any special things attributed to them?

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Re: You know you go to my school if...
oh dear... this posted twice. Could a mod delete the other one? Or someone tell me how. {blush}

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
No problem; I'll report the other thread. XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
03-05-2009, 11:10 PM
(03-05-2009 11:09 PM)Regan... Chirp-Chirp! link Wrote:oh dear... this posted twice. Could a mod delete the other one? Or someone tell me how. {blush}

XD Haha, I've already reported the other one, so a mod should lock or delete it soon Wink

Coming Soon...
03-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Mike's fast. XD

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks!
So anyways, does anybody else's school have any things specific to it?

03-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah, my headteacher dresses like a curtain

Coming Soon...
03-05-2009, 11:37 PM
You know you go to by school when you hate half the teachers Tongue

03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
(03-05-2009 11:24 PM)Unbreakable link Wrote:Yeah, my headteacher dresses like a curtain
haha thats quite interesting!

just this last month they have started enforcing dress code since like 1950 or something crazy like that...
now we can get suspended for violating dress code!    My school does not have a dress code!!!

04-05-2009, 12:10 AM
You know you are at my school if:
1.You got 4 different "schools" in 1 park.
2.You have to walk across the whole park for every class.
3.About 50% of your class seem depressed.
4.When sleeping to 6 am is consedered late.
5.When seeing a cellphone during school is suspension.
6.There are security guards around most corners.
7.When a 2 page essay is worth 15pts and a 1 page fill in the blank is worth 50.
8.When you are not allowed to enter/exit the buildings during lunch (you can eat outside).
9.The teachers give leactures every other day.
10.There is one teacher who will give the answers to a test DURING the test.
11.The dress code is enforsed by the students.
12.When you here about events the moment they happen.
13.When the secretary takes 5 minutes to turn the page during anoucements.
14.You are releved to know you are takeing a test.

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.