The Offical Ballet Thread
07-05-2009, 04:24 AM
Re: The Offical Ballet Thread
im going to interlochen
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Congrats!!!! How many weeks is it?

Im not really going to camp this year. Im kind of tired of dancing. Im going to Quartz (its an arts thing in oklahoma for 2 weeks) and then im just taking classes at ballet oklahoma.
I didn't go anywhere last year either. Idk, I was going to go to pnb again last year, but I decided I was going to take a break. And then this year, I only got a half scholarship, and since I don't want to dance professionally anymore, I didn't see making my mom spend a large amount of money for me to go do something I don't really plan on pursueing after high school.

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]
07-05-2009, 05:37 AM
3 or 6 but i can only go for the 3 because im on scholarship 
07-05-2009, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009 07:32 PM by 0mgitssims4me.)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uz2Gp7a38DM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">i love this vid
07-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I did ballet for eight years and then quit in sixth grade.  Now, five years later I am doing drill team so I never really have let go of dancing lol!  I love it too.  And Giselle is like my favorite ballet too!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
(05-05-2009 08:42 PM)Regan... Chirp-Chirp! link Wrote:Im 15 and have been dancing for almost 13 years (I turn 16 in august). I started pointe when I was 11, so in august I will have been doing pointe for 5 years. Wow that seems like a long time.

I have audition pictures from summer camps this year... I'll post them.
Here they are:
1st arabesque
[Image: izx8h2.jpg]

2nd echappé
[Image: sq34m0.jpg]

This year, at my school we had a guest artist come in and set a classical ballet piece on us for our final show. I got the lead and it was soooo much fun! I got to do fouetes en pointe as well as more partnering. The first time I had ever done partnering was last year at camp. A guy from ABT, named Flavio Salazar (amazing name right!?) taught us and we did giselle. I did the variations that involved partnering, and another girl did one of her solos.

Wow, amazing pictures. Especially the first one, you look so graceful. *is jealous* Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Ok my turn Smile im 13 and have been doing ballet since the age of three and i take 4 classes each week i have gotten into the boston ballet 2 years in a row ... yet to go Sad this year for summer intensive i will be staying in my hometown taking 5 days a week 3 privates a week Smile and yeah thats about it oh yeah ive been on pointe for 2 years now

[Image: AMGD.gif]
[Image: ByoN.gif]
[Image: GGsA.gif]
[Image: GKmV.gif]
<br /> Clicky clicky<br /><br />[Image: ibb.png]
[Image: render_girl-1-1.png]
[Image: 6-1.png]
[Image: Sims3Nieuws045-1.png]
<br />Bambi Buttons now available in Blue Smile
08-05-2009, 02:28 AM
(07-05-2009 11:19 PM)TwilightGal4132 link Wrote:I did ballet for eight years and then quit in sixth grade.  Now, five years later I am doing drill team so I never really have let go of dancing lol!  I love it too.  And Giselle is like my favorite ballet too!
for my showcase piece were doing the willies dance
08-05-2009, 02:30 AM
(07-05-2009 11:53 PM)itslauren:) link Wrote:Ok my turn Smile im 13 and have been doing ballet since the age of three and i take 4 classes each week i have gotten into the boston ballet 2 years in a row ... yet to go Sad this year for summer intensive i will be staying in my hometown taking 5 days a week 3 privates a week Smile and yeah thats about it oh yeah ive been on pointe for 2 years now
what kind of pointe shoes do you wear
08-05-2009, 10:21 PM
(08-05-2009 02:28 AM)0mgitssims4me link Wrote:[quote author=TwilightGal4132 link=topic=5943.msg233520#msg233520 date=1241734782]
I did ballet for eight years and then quit in sixth grade.  Now, five years later I am doing drill team so I never really have let go of dancing lol!  I love it too.  And Giselle is like my favorite ballet too!
for my showcase piece were doing the willies dance
[/quote]

I love the willies dance, and that scene...very artistic and emotional part of the ballet.  I read a book called "a Company of Swans" which was a great story and it had the ballet company do Giselle as well.  If you like to read I recommend reading it.  Big Grin

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]