Undecided
Not Buying
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Base Game or Collectors Edition?
15-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Re: Base Game or Collectors Edition?
Heheh, then that makes everyone on here pathetic! I guess we are all just patheticly sims obsessed, but I like itBig Grin

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Owww, Unfortunately my local shop doesn't include stickers! I want stickers!

The Sims 2 = The Sims 3<br /><br />They're both good...
18-05-2009, 10:32 PM
(10-05-2009 12:40 PM)Unbreakable link Wrote:I'm buying the original edition. I don't care about all this fancy stuff you get with the CE, all I care about is getting the game. LOL.

Me too man...me too lol

Only 1 day left till the sims 3!&nbsp; I can't wait!&nbsp; I will be playing forever!
18-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm going to get base.
I agree with Jen you can find the extra on the internet.

18-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I had a horrible experience pre-ordering The Sims 2, so I'm just going to get the base game when it comes to Walmart or Gamestop.

I pre-ordered TS2 from EA and NEVER received my order. I had to exchange emails with EA Customer Service for several months before they finally canceled my order. They kept telling me it's on it's way, it's on it's way...yeah when it's two months past the release date and I PRE-ordered...It's NOT on it's way! Tongue
20-05-2009, 03:10 AM
i decided i am only getting the base...
and im not pre-ordering either because they told me i wouldnt get it til the 8th...NO THANKS/

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
20-05-2009, 06:29 AM
That's why when it comes to something I absolutely have to have, I pre-order it from a store and can pick it up when it's due. Things get lost in the mail as well as people forgetting to ship things out. I'm a seller so i know haha.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
20-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm redeeming my free The Sims 2 Expansion Pack now to ease my boredom. Big Grin

04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
So here I'am again thinking why did I bought the Collectors Edition. I'm pleased with the game but I'm not pleased with the contents that I've received for buying Collectors Edition. [$53 US Dollars = P2250 Philippine Peso - The Collectors Edition in US costs $70] Though it's cheaper here + I've received a free The Sims 3 Shirt and The Sims 3/EA Mug and The Sims 2 Expansion Packs, the Collectors Edition itself was a disappointment for me.

-2 GB The Sims Plumbob™ USB drive [It's alright, I like the stuff inside]
-European styled sports car download [Disappointed]
-New Theme Music for The Sims 3 [It's alright though I can download this anytime]
-Exclusive Prima hints & tips guide [Disappointed]

I'm disappointed with the 2 because:

-First, instead of giving us a sports car, they should have given us a huge set/set of items. And now I'm sure that the "so-called exclusive car" is currently being distributed by the evil pirates!
-Second, That Prima was just 8 pages and I was like it should be 50 pages! Instead of giving us that short useless guide [for me it may not be for you], they should have given us a bonus disk where the Developers can give out hints and tips.

If I was them this would be my Collectors Edition:

-2 GB The Sims Plumbob™ USB drive
-Plumbob Headband
-Poster and Map [Different from the official Prima pull out map]
-Stickers [More]
-Huge Exclusive Set and $15 worth of Sim Points for The Sims 3 store
-Bonus disk that I was talking about

In Grand Theft Auto IV their Special Edition was priced at $60 [Gamestop] - $90 [Rockstar Warehouse] or it may be lower. The price of that Special Edition was worthy:

-The game itself with a special packaging
-Art book [Hard Bound Cover]
-Soundtrack CD [Selected Songs]
-Exclusive Rockstar Keychain and a deposit box
-Rockstar duffel bag

Good deal! I wish the contents of the Collectors Edition was like this. I payed a thousand Philippine Pesos more and I'll I get is a sports car that is being distributed by the pirates and a guide book which I was expecting for more. Sorry for my long post but I just have to release my feelings as of now.

Sad

04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I was dissapointed by the hints and tips guide too. It was all kind of like "duh" for me.
And I know this isn't much consolation, but check your emails, because you also get a muscle car for free as well as the sports one that came in the box.  Smile

<br />I Love Tokyo Police Club (DAVE!), Cupcakes, Brownies, and Besties!<br />Joined March 17, 2008<br />[Image: 5I25.gif]
[Image: XRFP.gif]