Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't Change Layout
13-05-2009, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2009 04:56 PM by Super_Matt.)
Can't Change Layout
I've been using the old layout for a few months but now I want to revert back to the new layout for a while, but when I try, I get a huuuuuge page full of nonsense, codes and symbols etc like this;

<removed as it gives away information I'd rather the world not see  Wink>

Is this just my computer, orrr....? 'Cause I really want to change my layout now. Tongue Just thought I'd let you know in case it's happening for other people too. Wink

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Re: Can't Change Layout
I just attempted to click '(Change)' and I got that too. Strange, I changed themes just a few days ago. I'll get Matt, hold on.

Coming Soon...
13-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Well that's not good...

Cassie, have you broken it? {blink}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
13-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I probably have actually, my internet is so messed up at the minute, I think I have a virus or something. Tongue

There's plenty of weirdness like, 'LOOKING FOR THE LONGEST PATH' and 'ÿØÿá�¼Exif��II*�����' {wacko}

*Prays layout will start working again, does not want to be stuck with old layout forever and ever* Tongue

Well at least you know now... not sure if that's good or not though. Tongue {unsure}

13-05-2009, 03:57 PM
These kinds of things only happen to Cassie, it seems. Tongue

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
13-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok, this is bad. But thanks for finding it now Cassie!

Looks like we've had someone attempting to hack the site. I'll see if I can clean it up but for now it looks like you're stuck with your current theme.

I've also disabled uploading Avatars, as this is how the hack happened. Again, sorry about that but I hope you understand.

Jen, this could be the cause of the problems you PM'd me about too...

I'll update you all when I know more. Sorry about this... {cursing}

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
13-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow. God job I tried to change my layout then...

Is this hack the reason people's Avatars have been disappearing too then? I thought that was just me... this is kind of scary. {blink}

Stupid hackers. {cursing}

13-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh my! {ohmy}

Good thing you tried to change it, Cassie. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
13-05-2009, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2009 04:33 PM by Super_Matt.)
Ok, looks like you can change your theme again now.

It was an exploit caused by some numptie uploading an avatar with an exploit in it. And when Cassie went to change the theme, I think that is what set it in motion, as the site went down not long afterwards.

I've removed the exploit but need to go through the code and remove the damage it's done.

So if weird things start happening, it's probably me!

I hope you all understand that to stop this happening again, I have to disable the upload of avatars. Sorry... Sad

Oh, and if you see anything else weird, please PM me as soon as possible!

Thanks all for your help in finding and fixing this. The person(s) who caused this has been banned.

13-05-2009, 04:33 PM
(13-05-2009 04:31 PM)Matt link Wrote:I hope you all understand that to stop this happening again, I have to disable the upload of avatars. Sorry... Sad

That is fine. I'm sure people know what tinypic and photobucket etc... are for...XD

Coming Soon...