Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
reading suggestions??
14-05-2009, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2009 04:13 AM by bobert26.)
reading suggestions??
it's the time of year whenn I'm looking for something good to read! My favourite book is The Messenger by markus zusak. Any suggestions??

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Re: reading suggestions??
Wow.  I haven't seen you around in a while!  I'm not sure what kind of book that is, or what else you're into, but I've heard excellent things about Watership Down (I own it, just haven't read it yet but my fiance and his dad are big fans of the book).  I like more supernatural/romance sort of stuff, so I might not be the best person to ask xD

Two of my all-time favorite books are The Silver Kiss by Annette Kurtis Clause and The Black Unicorn by Tanith Lee.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
14-05-2009, 03:21 AM
LOL

Kayy. I'm usually up for anything.
Some of by favorite NON Twilight books (*sighs*) are;
-Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy. The book is about a real life girl who survived the Holocaust. Very lovely.

-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. A book about racism and how family values can be seen differently.

-The Miracle Worker (author unknown). Based on the true story of the famous Helen Kellar. The deaf,blind and mute child who saw the light with the help of Annie Sullivan

-Romeo and Juliet. Willam Shakespeare. Although it is Old English it's a classic. And I would recommand getting one that has side notes. 

14-05-2009, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2009 04:14 AM by bobert26.)
ok thanks guys! Yeah I haven't been around much lately. My computers been down and I'm just using my iPod right now... And it's kind of annoying. Btw I read the miracle worker several years ago and I really liked it. It made me sad.

[center]
14-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Gone by Michael Grant. Read this a few weeks ago. Pretty sure it will be a movie soon enough, it's that good.
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. My mum actually bought this for herself and then advised me to read it [we're always swapping books lmao], so I did, and wow. Really makes you think.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
14-05-2009, 01:13 PM
i like the dragonriders of pern series. tis sci fi;

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
14-05-2009, 05:52 PM
The Eragon series is good. Much better than the film. Saphira is supposed to be a dragon not an overgrown bird with scales on its body! There is almost noting similar between the book and the film.

[Image: i5bT.gif]
[Image: Cbce.gif]
[Image: uq97.gif]
[Image: MPEl.gif]
[Image: h8Qr.gif]
[Image: I8Jh.gif]
[Image: DmK0.gif]
<br />TV Tropes will ruin your life and vocabulary
14-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I read the first series of eragon in sixth grade! i loved it but i  never finished it
at the time i wasnt into books but that  was my first favorite book that wasn't from class

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
14-05-2009, 10:49 PM
yeah I'm right in the middle of Brisingr actually. Really like them. Smile

[center]