Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Can someone tell me how to get an avatar..?? i tried but it doen't show up {unsure}

[Image: T1hp.gif]
<br />[Image: 0tj3.gif]
<br />^^^^click us^^^^
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Re: Avatar??!!?!?!?!
Can you tell me what you tried doing? Hopefully from that I'll be able to tell you what to do differently. Smile

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
21-05-2009, 12:57 AM
hmm... i check the circle thingy that said i have my own pic and then i pasted a link to the site {clap}

<br />^^^^click us^^^^
21-05-2009, 12:58 AM
The forums have been having problems with that, but we figured it out :3

First, go into your "profile" and under "Forum Profile Information" and you'll see an option that says "I have my own pic:
Specify your own avatar by URL."  Next - what you'll need to do is upload a picture to something like PhotoBucket and once the image is uploaded, right click on it and select "Copy Image Location".

Finally, once you have done that, go back into the Forum Profile Information page, and right click "paste" and voila!  Your avatar will be there and will stay there :3  After hitting Change Profile, of course, lol.

I hope that isn't too confusing.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
21-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Yes, you need a link to the picture as direct upload from your computer has been disabled. Smile

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
21-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Did we ever find out why it's been disabled?

21-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Because someone tried to upload an avatar with an exploit in it, basically trying to hack the site.

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
21-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Ah, I see.  Okay.

21-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Yes. Very risky business Tongue

[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
[/center]<br />[center]
21-05-2009, 01:29 AM
(21-05-2009 12:58 AM)Jenipurr ♥ link Wrote:The forums have been having problems with that, but we figured it out :3

First, go into your "profile" and under "Forum Profile Information" and you'll see an option that says "I have my own pic:
Specify your own avatar by URL."  Next - what you'll need to do is upload a picture to something like PhotoBucket and once the image is uploaded, right click on it and select "Copy Image Location".

Finally, once you have done that, go back into the Forum Profile Information page, and right click "paste" and voila!  Your avatar will be there and will stay there :3  After hitting Change Profile, of course, lol.

I hope that isn't too confusing.

it didnt say copy image location when i right clicked it so i did copy shortcut but it didnt work

<br />^^^^click us^^^^