or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know which Sims to get
22-05-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't know which Sims to get
Hi all,

I've never played The Sims.  {no}

But I want to try and play it on my netbook and I can't work out which one to get. The Sims is supppose to play fine (checked out the compatibility), but I thought Life Stories might work too, but I can't guarantee that.

Anyway, can someone explain to me the difference between the two games. I've read a bit and free play seems to get boring on Life Stories, but I don't know what that means.

Thanks.  {yes}
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Re: I don't know which Sims to get
The main difference between the Sims 1 and Sims 2 is that in TS2 you can have sims lifecycle - They are born, grow up, grow old and die, leaving behind the new generation. You can make legacies with Sims 2.
In The Sims 1, on the other hand, you make sims and they will be forever adults. If a baby is born, it's going to turn into a kid eventually, but it's going to stay a kid forever. Wink

Another difference between these 2 games is the graphics. While sims 1 is 2D, Sims 2 is 3D and you can rotate the camera, zoom in and zoom out as much as you like.

I strongly recommend Sims 2. IMO it's easier to play and is much better. 8)
22-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you so much Earth Girl. I'd like to have legacies, but I can't play Sims 2 on my netbook. A compatibility list says it's lagging and won't work properly, so I thought Life Stories since it's made for laptops.

Do you know if the Life Stories game will allow the same thing as Sims 2? The legacies and have kids etc, or is it just a storyline game that ends without anything much to do in the free mode.
22-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Life Stories is like a limited Sims 2 game for the laptop.  In the Sims 2, you can have 8 people, while is LS, you can only have 4.  It is also harder to take pictures in LS so legacies will be hard to do.  But your Sims will still grow up, have kids, and eventually die, but you are very limited on clothes, neighborhoods(only 3, cannot make any more), lots sizes (medium on Sims 2 is LS's largest), and you can not download ANY custom content or add expansion/stuff packs.  The story lines are ok, but kind of get boring (my opinion) and you cannot control the story line until the story is over.  However, LS takes up less memory, has way more hot keys, and doesn't rely on the computer mouse as much.  Still, I recomend playing the actual Sims 2, but if it doesn't work, then LS should be second best.

But to tell the truth, I liked Castaways slightly better than LS...

Hi People!Smile I'm still here, I just don't post.
23-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks!

It got easy. The Sims isn't in stock anymore, and they only had TS2 or LS, so I got LS. I do not have any idea what I'm doing at the moment, but another male sim is hanging around Riley's House and the relationship thing says 51 on the top scale and -1 on the bottom. I don't know if that's good or bad. I went with the story mode but doubt I will get any of the story done as I'm too busy trying to keep up the food & hygiene etc up.  I'm getting a few of the shortcuts from the guide, so I'm getting better. I ended up at the gym, but then didn't know what to do so come right home.  Big Grin