Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims Life Stories - garbage compacter broken & can't fix
23-05-2009, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2009 09:45 PM by lems.)
Sims Life Stories - garbage compacter broken & can't fix
Hi all.

I'm just starting the play the game today, and I can't get Riley to fix the garbage compacter. I called a serviceman who said everything was ok, and left. I tried calling him again and he's not on the phonebook anymore.

There's garbage everywhere and she can't recycle. I got a maid out of desperation and he couldn't recycle or throw away the garbage either.

What do I do? I'm spending so much time on this Riley's getting neglected.  {blush}

Edit: Closed up the game and the serviceman is coming in the morning... but he didn't fix it again. I managed to buy a new one and it's working, but when I get Riley to recycle something she just stomps her feet and puts it back down. Is there a trick to this?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Re: Sims Life Stories - garbage compacter broken & can't fix
Are you sure nothing is in the way, a chair or something? Have you tried to move it to another place?
24-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I think it's the 'invisible object' glitch.
I had it too and it's so annoying. {glare}

Dunno know how to fix it.
Try to move the trash compactor into another counter.
24-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks Earth Girl.

I opened up the game and she automatically picked it up straight away and recycled it.  {blink}

I also had a bowl of food by the end of the night she wouldn't clean up, and that was still there and she wouldn't clean up again, so I asked her to resume cooking and she picked it up and it vanished.

At least both bits of garbage are gone now.

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread, but I'm really new to The Sims (this is my first game), and so because I didn't know if it would work on my netbook I bought it from eb games who will give me a refund within 7 days. I didn't realise you need to have the dvd in while playing all the time, so lugging the external dvd drive around is a pain, so I was thinking about buying the game from the EA download website.

I've heard some bad stories about buying there though. Does anyone have any experience? I really want the game and I think the downloaded version would be much easier than having to have the disc drive all the time.
Thanks.
24-05-2009, 04:10 PM
You're welcome.  {yes}

You're talking about Sims 3 game? I didn't download it. I heard it was an unfinished buggy version. I have my legacies going around too on top of that. I'd have to remove them in order to play now, so no. The best thing to do is wait for it to appear in stores and buy it legally. Wink You might play it with the CD in your drive for a while, but hopefully soon enough a free no cd patch will appear online you can download.
24-05-2009, 04:35 PM
(24-05-2009 04:10 PM)Earth Girl link Wrote:You're talking about Sims 3 game? I didn't download it. I heard it was an unfinished buggy version. I have my legacies going around too on top of that. I'd have to remove them in order to play now, so no. The best thing to do is wait for it to appear in stores and buy it legally. Wink You might play it with the CD in your drive for a while, but hopefully soon enough a free no cd patch will appear online you can download.

I believe they are referring to the finished game that will be available for download from the official site, if I'm not mistaken, not the illegal leak. Wink

[center]
(08-09-2009 12:00 AM)Who's David pid=' Wrote:<br />OH NO. IT'S MIDNIGHT. *flaps wings*
[/center]<br />[center]
(03-09-2009 12:44 AM)Cassie Grint ;] pid=' Wrote:<br />I think this guy squashed my uterus at the themepark and it involved an inflatable hammer....<br />
[/center]<br />[center]
(26-03-2009 03:39 AM)Bambikins pid=' Wrote:<br />Haha, isn't it great? Wink Hopefully now I'll remember not to wink.
[/center]<br />[center]
(24-05-2008 12:56 PM)SHBambi pid=' Wrote:<br />I think I use way too many Wink smilies, though. Wink (&lt;--proof Wink) (&lt;--more proof...haha. {rolleyes})<br />
[/center]<br />[center]Bambi and I are twins with mild complications. XD[/center]<br />[center][center][Image: m113.gif]
[/center]<br />[center][size=7pt]Styrofoam wishes you a Happy Halloween![/size][/center]
24-05-2009, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2009 08:53 PM by lems.)
Re: Sims Life Stories - garbage compacter broken &amp; can't fix
I just have The Sims Life Stories. That's the only game I have, and because it's on a netbook it's why I chose it over TS2 and I wouldn't even try to buy TS3 to play on it.  {no}

I don't know how to use the no cd patches, or do any of the cheats. I'm really new to games.

Thanks again for your help everyone. I'm getting through the Riley story pretty quickly.

Edit: If it's not against the forum policy, can someone help me with a no cd patch for my The Sims Life Stories?

I've been thinking I'd rather keep the physical dvd in case I run into problems later on. Plus I'm halfway through Riley's story, and it's taken a long time because I'm new & hopeless at the Sims.  {clap}

I checked on the download for The Sims Life Stories on the EA website and it's 2gb. That's going to take me ages to download, so I don't think I can buy it there now that I know it's that much.