Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello, and do you know if....
28-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Hello, and do you know if....
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums Smile

I'm quite excited about The Sims 3 being released... have been a Sims fan since it began...

Sims 2 was such a HUGE step forward for the franchise after Sims 1. My concern is how much has improved with the sims 3?  One of the main things that I have found inhibitive with the sims games so far is the lack of design freedom.  It was great that 45 degree angles walls were introduced in the sims 2, but we were still restricted with object placement.  it had to snap to a grid, and was restricted to 90 degree rotations.

Does anyone know if this has opened up in the sims 3 or are we still confined to this terrible grid?
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Re: Hello, and do you know if....
Hi snicks, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question about the grid, you'll be glad to know that you can place many more objects on a table or bench and you aren't restricted to just the one space. Also, in the sims 2 you may have noticed that three grid objects couldn't line up with two grid objects ie. a couch and a tv, but this has changed so now you have many more options where you can place an object. The design freedom has also changed a lot and you can customise nearly everything right down to your shoes. I hope this answers your question. Smile

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
28-05-2009, 02:07 AM
My anticipation level just rose up a notch Smile  It comes out June 4 here on oz, which is a thursday. I am taking the friday off work, plus it's a long weekend (public holiday monday)

woot
28-05-2009, 03:40 AM
Everything is completely customizable with Creat a Style, which allows you to change the colors, texture, and design of a certain item Smile

Also, no grids!