or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official System Requirements
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Re: Official System Requirements
okay.. soo since we are looing at a new tower.. this is the info

SYSTEM COLOR Piano Black edit
PROCESSOR Intel® Core 2 Duo E7400 (3MB L2, 2.8GHz, 1066FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
MEMORY 3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 2 DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 750GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
16X DVD+/-RW Drive
ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB
McAfee SecurityCenter 9 with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 30 Day
DATASAFE ONLINE BACKUP Dell Online Backup 2GB for 1 year
SOUND CARD Integrated 5.1 Channel Audio
Inspiron 537 ST Inspiron 537 Slim-Tower w/ Black Bezel
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey, long time lurker, first time poster.

I got the S3, and was surprised that it actually worked on my machine. But I'm looking to update my video card again.

My current videocard is a e-GeForce 5200 FX 128mb card. It plays the game, but very very slow. I want to get a very powerful card and I was wondering which one of those video cards listed are 32 bit PCI types? I've had trouble before in the past trying to shop around for cards to play the S2, but for now I'm doing my homework before buying a new one.

Also does anyone know if all PCI cards are shaped the same? Specifically if the metal part where the connectors are, would be able to fit on my computer?

Thanks!
16-06-2009, 01:07 PM
(15-06-2009 10:15 PM)AniRichie link Wrote:Hey, long time lurker, first time poster.

I got the S3, and was surprised that it actually worked on my machine. But I'm looking to update my video card again.

My current videocard is a e-GeForce 5200 FX 128mb card. It plays the game, but very very slow. I want to get a very powerful card and I was wondering which one of those video cards listed are 32 bit PCI types? I've had trouble before in the past trying to shop around for cards to play the S2, but for now I'm doing my homework before buying a new one.

Also does anyone know if all PCI cards are shaped the same? Specifically if the metal part where the connectors are, would be able to fit on my computer?

Thanks!

Link to motherboard please?
The newer card require PCI-Express 2.0 while the older ones require 1.0, but they will run on both and are all the connectors are the same.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
16-06-2009, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2009 05:46 AM by AniRichie.)
You mean specs?

I have:

CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU 3.06GHz
CPU Speed: 3.07 GHz
System RAM: 511 MB (This is incorrect though, I got a RAM upgrade to 4 GB a few months ago. I had to system restore my machine back to when I first got it due to a virus so I might have to reinstall the ram cards too.)
Disk Space: 125 GB
Video Card: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (GeForce FX 5200)
Watts: 250 Max

From Can You Run It?