Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashing for no logical reason...
05-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Crashing for no logical reason...
My game keeps crashing every 30-60 minutes. Sad
I've tested all the sites that evaluate your system and I can run the game. My graphics card is adequate, I even installed an update to be sure, but I'm sure it's my graphics that's causing the problem, because when I play the game without high Sim detail [everything else can be high], it doesn't crash, but when I switch it to high Sim detail, the game tells me to restart to avoid serious graphical issues, so I do, and then eventually it'll just crash. =\  And the graphics don't look that amazing on my screen, tbh. I'm so disappointed. I will get it working somehow but I was wondering if anyone at all could point me in the right direction? Sad If you need any questions answering I'll do my best. :]

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Re: Crashing for no logical reason...
you should just stick to default settings, because all those gaming video cards will do best with high quality so yea just stick to Default for now.

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
05-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Try the latest drivers for your computer.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I did, I installed the latest driver but unfortunately did nothing. I don't really see what else I can do as my video card is more the adequate. Sad Oh well. Thanks for the help!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
05-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Maybe keep your setting at medium, except the ones you want high?
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Might be due to overheating of your hardware.
Can you get a program to record the temps and post them here so I'll tell if it's overheating.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
16-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I have the same exact problem. I just got a new video card and it's a super high quality one so that shouldn't be the problem. I just installed new RAM too so that should be fine. I'm thinking that my computer is just too old. Ugh :/ I don't want to get a new one. Sorry I didn't help! I just feel your pain.

[center]8 M0RE DAYS UNTiL TS3![br]25 M0RE DAYS UNTiL SCH00L iS 0UT![/center]
16-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I to had the same problem! I would play the game for hours and then all of a sudden it would just crash straight to desk top. And sometimes the last save would get corrupt to! So now I have multiple saves just in case. And my graphics card is brand new and very good. I exceed the reqirements. I just installed a driver update for my graphics card, but haven't played the game since, so hopfully that will help. Otherwise it just gets really annoying to have to keep re-booting the game. I guess I could turn down the graphics on the game to see if that helps. I have everything set to "HIGH" and it runs perfect.Well, have fun everyone! good game! Smile