Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pleaseeeeeeee
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Pleaseeeeeeee
Im crying =[

ive been waiting 6months for sims 3...i think i have 19/20 sims games, but now I got the SIMS 3 and it doesnt work! 

i did the test.... here's what it said...i know i 99% need a new video card and I dont mind gettingit, just that i dont want to buy it and then it STILL doesnt work...i failed 2 categories, CPU, and VIDEO CARD...here's what it said...im not the smartest computer girl and would like some help PLEASE??

CPU
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent].
You Have: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz

FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to disc

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller (Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 96 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

i dont mind paying 100$ for a video card and installation, but i dont want to do that and then it STILL doesnt work. What I want to know is since i failed 2sections, would a video card 100% fix it? do i need a new pc? help =[
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Re: Pleaseeeeeeee
I did the test before too and it said my video card wasn't good. I played the game and ALOT of stuff was messed up, My sims couldn't interact with anything and they were all black. Then I played it on my sister's computer which happens to have the same video card and it worked perfectly :L so I don't know if I can help you

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
02-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Based on what I wrote...would a video card solve the problem? or is it something more than that
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes, you can get AWESOME video cards for $100:
Either get a ATI Radeon HD 4770 OR 4850.
Whichever one, doesn't matter.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
a friend of mine is telling me that it would not work. if i boiught the video card it'dbe a waste of money...he says i need a new cpu because i failed the cpu test.

miinimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent].
You Have: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz

FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to disc
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
(02-06-2009 06:33 PM)MrAlex link Wrote:Yes, you can get AWESOME video cards for $100:
Either get a ATI Radeon HD 4770 OR 4850.
Whichever one, doesn't matter.

the thing is that i failed the "CPU TEST" and the "VIDEO CARD TEST"...i would hateto spend 100$ plus installation fees for nothing. Would the video card fix the problem for sure? I wouldnt want to buy itfor nothing.
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
If you have the game, do some disk cleanups and uninstall games you don't play, and try it. My laptop failed miserably and yet I was able to play Spore. Yes, it was slow, but, it was doable.

If it doesn't work, but the video card. If it still doesn't work you'll need a new computer. You can buy one with a crap video card and replace it with the new one you tried.
Your CPU is your processor, like the brain. You don't just go buy a new one.

I say try it if you have the game. Just play on low detail and clean as much crap off your comp as you can.

My social life will cease to exist in June.
02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
(02-06-2009 06:54 PM)killerkenya link Wrote:If you have the game, do some disk cleanups and uninstall games you don't play, and try it. My laptop failed miserably and yet I was able to play Spore. Yes, it was slow, but, it was doable.

If it doesn't work, but the video card. If it still doesn't work you'll need a new computer. You can buy one with a crap video card and replace it with the new one you tried.
Your CPU is your processor, like the brain. You don't just go buy a new one.

I say try it if you have the game. Just play on low detail and clean as much crap off your comp as you can.
  the thingis that i dont wanna spend 100 extradollars and then find out it still doesnt work.
03-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Honestly, upgrading your video card won't completely solve your problems. It might lessen it, but without a processor that can run TS3, your game will be slow since it won't be able to process much of it very fast. A new video card may let you run the game, but then your processor would do a backlash on you, making it crash all the time, eventually not running it, etc etc.

You may just need to get a new computer, but be sure that it has a video card and CPU that can run the game.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]