Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Haunted House
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
The Haunted House
I'm going to start my first story and I want to share it with you guys! Since it I am very inexperienced in Sims-Storymaking, expect some bad screenshots, somewhat lame dialogue and a crappy title (I couldn't think of anything else, don't hit me). Help me along if you can, and feel free to criticise me as long as you are constructive as well Big Grin

So, without further ado, I give you:

The Haunted House
Prologue

Every story starts somewhere, sometime and somehow. How this started can be discussed. Perhaps it started with a unfortunate accident a long time ago. Perhaps it started when the house everyone felt insecure about got sold. Or perhaps it hasn't started yet. This is however where we will start.

Maria Gilson looked herself up and down in the mirror. Sure, she had just had her 20th birthday but she didn't feel more mature as she had hoped. Not that she ever really felt mature, for as long as she could remember she had always felt as if everyone took care of her because she couldn't do it herself. Her mother had been a single mother until recently when she had finally hooked a man who could put up with her slightly arrogant attitude, and now she and Maria lived in his mansion. Her mother had several times told her that it was just a nice bonus that her love interest was rich.

[Image: Screenshot-21.jpg]

Maria adjusted her cap, she always had it so that it would cover her face. She didn't like it when people looked her in the eye or when people could see her face properly. It made her feel vulnerable. Her mother complained about that quite a lot. 'You've got such a pretty face' she would say. 'It is a shame not to flaunt what you have, dear'. As much as she tried, Maria could never quite see what she meant.

[Image: Screenshot-26-1.jpg]

Maria's mother, Samantha Gilson, had indeed married a rich man. Samantha had always managed to find ways to mooch of others, while still being liked by many. She enjoyed spending time on herself and made sure others enjoyed spending time on her as well. She had, however, been a great mother and Maria wouldn't hear a word against her.

Samantha's husband, Yngve Gilson, was a kind man. But a bit odd. He was very absent-minded and sometimes forgot what he was going to say as he said it. But he must be smart, Maria reasoned. He is after all the top dog of the business career.

[Image: Screenshot-18-1.jpg]

Maria gussied herself up a bit more before giving up. Life was hard enough as it was without spending time getting yourself to look good. She sighed and walked out of her bedroom, trying to be ready to face the day.

[Image: Screenshot-22.jpg]

If only she knew what fate had in store for her.

Ta-daah~
That's the prologue. Tell me if you think it sounds good so far Smile

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Re: The Haunted House
If this is your first legacy it is amazing! Great job, and I look forward to more. Karma.

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
08-06-2009, 01:46 AM
THAT WAS AWSUM!!!
is this the house in riverview? im not sure since i haven't downloaded it yet

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks guys! Big Grin

Nah, it's in sunset valley. Right in the center of the town, for the moment at least. Smile

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Yngve? Woo, swedish people! XD

I think it seems great, looking forward to updates!  Big Grin
08-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Woo! NÃ¥gon märkte!  {lol}

Thank you~

08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I love it! This story sounds epic! :3

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
09-06-2009, 03:55 AM
That was awesome <3 You also had some pretty good pictures too! You got me hooked!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 07:23 AM by MaidenM.)
Thank you very very much guys!  Big Grin Here's chapter one!

Chapter I
The House

Morning came, to no-ones surprise. The last few days Maria had heard her mother and her husband, who she wouldn't refer to as her "father" however nice he was, speaking quite a lot to each other only to fall completely silent once she came into the room. Maria didn't think of it much though, she was too busy trying to figure out what to do with her own life to wonder what other did with theirs. She was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth once more, for safety sake, when she heard her mother's and Yngve's voices from the dining room. Her mother sounded a bit worried.

[Image: Screenshot-28.jpg]

After a few moments her mother came into the bathroom, wearing a slightly too nonchalant expression, like she was trying not to show her emotions.
  'Come to the dining room once you've dressed yourself honey.' She said. 'My husband and I have a surprise for you.'

[Image: Screenshot-29.jpg]

Trying not to worry too much, Maria had never really liked surprises, she got dressed and went straight to the dining room where Samantha and Yngve where waiting for her at the table. She sat down, hoping that they did not give her any news like 'I'm pregnant' or 'We've arranged a marriage for you' or anything else that would only make her freak out. Her mother cleared her throat.
  'Well, Maria. We, that is Yngve and I, have been talking about this for quite a while and... We think it's time for both you and me to let you become... independent.' She said the last word as if she was scared to let it out there. 'So... We've... We decided to...' She trailed off.
Maria tried to calm herself without looking freaked out, as much as she wanted to stand on her own two legs she wasn't sure if whatever her mother was going to say was the way she wanted it to be. Her mother took a deep breath and looked Maria right in the eyes.
  'We've bought you a house.'

[Image: Screenshot-30.jpg]

Maria stared at her. Samantha stared at Maria. Yngve stared at nothing, and seemed quite happy with what he saw. Finally Maria managed to get her throat working.
  'A house?' She croaked. 'You got me a house? My own house?'
  'Yes honey, your very own house.' Samantha answered, smiling slightly. 'We will help you with everything you need, for a start. We've bought you the house, renovated it and furnished it. You can even move in today. You have to understand though, you're going to have to manage on your own after that.' She added. Maria kept staring at her, but she could tell she was starting to smile her goofy, wide smile she always had when she couldn't stop herself.
  'My own house...' She said to herself. Then reality shook her. 'Bu-But I'm unemployed! I can't pay the rent of a whole house! I can't afford--' She started, but Yngve interrupted her.
  'Don't worry Maria, you'll get a job soon enough. And besides, the rent is quite cheap. I think you'll manage just fine.' He said, before he got a faraway look in his eyes. 'Ahhh, I remember when I moved away from home. Mummy cried and Daddy told me that I didn't have to worry and...' He kept talking, but Maria stopped listening. She knew sooner or later his reminiscing would somehow turn into something like a one-sided conversation about something like oysters or pool-ladders.

[Image: Screenshot-31.jpg]

'A house.' Maria said to herself. She could barely believe it. The thing about surprises that made them good was that sometimes they where just what you wanted after all. In her mind she already planned what she was going to do. She'd move in, get a job, meet new people, become friends with them. Prehaps she would even find herself a boyfriend...
She looked up. Her mother was close to tears. After twenty years, Samantha had just gathered the courage to let her daughter go.
  'Oh mom! Thank you! Thank you!' They both stood up and embraced each other. 'I'll be fine mom. Don't worry! I'll make you proud of me!' She said, trying to hold her own tears back.
  'Maria, darling. You know I am already proud...' Her mother whispered.

[Image: Screenshot-32.jpg]

As soon as she could, Maria left her mother and Yngve, who was still talking to himself, and begun to pack. This did not take long. She had very few possessions that she felt like taking with her, and it all fit into her backpack. All the time she felt giddy and exited about moving. Sure, it was a bit scary. But it was wonderful as well.
As soon as she was done she announced that she wanted to move right away, not to get away from her mother or Yngve but because she had been waiting for this moment for years but never had the courage to go through with it herself. After yet a another tearful hug outside Yngve's mansion Samantha gave her the address, the keys and a soft 'good luck'. Maria had to muster all the strength she had not to say 'I can stay a bit longer'.

[Image: Screenshot-33.jpg]

After just a twenty minutes bike ride she arrived at the house. Her house. And after a further twenty minutes of gwaping she went inside. It was better than she could ever have imagined.

[Image: Screenshot-34.jpg]

Once inside, she kept gwaping. She couldn't believe she suddenly lived there. Everything was fantastic in her eyes. From the location, to the furniture and pretty much everything. Part of her was wondering how on earth this house could have a low rent, but that part was pushed away by the part that was too giddy to think about such thing.

[Image: Screenshot-35.jpg]

After running around the whole house, squealing at pretty much everything she decided that, while it was fun to just go crazy and exited about this, she would never be able to keep anything going unless she had an income. She took a few deep breaths to calm down before deciding what to do. Her dreams where already beginning to become fulfilled, it would be foolish not to ride the wave while it lasted.

[Image: Screenshot-38.jpg]

'Look out world!' She said to herself. 'Maria Gilson takes the stage!'

Chapter I
End

Thanks for reading! We'll see when the next chapter comes Smile

10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice!  Big Grin