Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question on saving
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Question on saving
I am very frustrated about the saving with this game. I obviously dont understand it. I made an entire house which took days and i had a sim living in it with his career level pretty high. I went to go start a new game and when i left it...it asked if i wanted to save and i said yes, save. well when i went back in to play that sim and house i had been working on....it was gone. the sim is in the bin but the house is nowhere to be found. What am i doing wrong? Im ready to give up on this game....this is the second time ive been through this. Could somebody please explain to me on how to save so it wont over ride other game plays!! Thank you in advance!! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Re: Question on saving
Hmmm, well are you sure you are playing in the right save file? When you open the game and arrive at the main menu you should find all your saved files, to switch between these files in-game you have to return to the main menu and select the file you wish to play. All your sims you've created, including the ones in different files, will show up in the bin. If you can't find the file at the main menu, there must be some sort of issue with your game... I hope this helped you some at least.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks. I did what you said to do. and so far it has worked but im so afraid of switching to edit town and then to the main menu that i just started to save and quit and just go back into the game. Im going to keep trying to save things and mess around with it until i guess i understand it. Thanks again for your help. I hope my game is not damaged. Everything else so far has worked perfectly...so im guessing its just my dumb blond butt that cant figure out the saving!!  Big Grin Smile {clap}
11-06-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm glad I could help  Big Grin Don't worry about not understanding things, after a while it becomes like second nature for you.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />