Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My sims 3 updated prosperity challenge
11-06-2009, 12:47 AM
My sims 3 updated prosperity challenge
To begin go into a neighborhood and delete all active houses

The following instructions for set-up are based on dice rolls. However, Straberiwine has created a computer program that will generate the rolls for you. You can find this program either in the files section of the Yahoo Board: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pros...nge/files/ or by clicking this link: http://aitp.astate.edu/swalls/randomizer.htm

Roll the dice to determine how many families you start off with. If you roll 1, roll again. You must start with at least two families.

For each family, roll the dice again to determine how many sims in the household. Note that 1 is no longer roll again. If you roll 1, it will be a single sim household.

For each sim, you will roll to determine their age and s*x, . Their appearance is completely up to you and you are welcome to use custom clothing, hair, skin tone, etc.

2 = Child
3 = Teen
4 =Young adult
5 = Adult
6 = Elder

Even (2,4,6) = Boy

To pick their traits you must click on the randomize traits button.

If you are unlucky enough to get all Elder Sims, you may start the determination rolls over. Although you may play this arrangement and adopt children to keep the challenge running, we realize how unfair this unlikely situation would be and make concessions for it.

Note that it is very possible that you will end up with a family without an adult or elder. If there is a teen , you must play the family as it is rolled using the “placeholder sim” as explained below. If all sims in the household are toddlers or children, start the family determination rolls over.

Placeholder Sim:

A Placeholder is an adult created simply to load the family. Gender and traits  do not matter because he/she won’t be around long. I do suggest, however, that you give him/her clothing you like as the game has a tendency to assign that clothing to the children when they age.

You may either move out or kill the placeholder.  you may immediately lock them in a room or a ladder-less pool. Make sure the other sims have no access to the dying placeholder.If you move them out (using the “find own place” option in the newspaper or computer), you may NOT put them back into the neighborhood. Delete them from your sim bin.

Placeholders may not effect the lives of the other sims in any way. For the few hours they are alive before moving out or dying, they may NOT teach toddler skills, help with homework, etc. Unless by accident of autonomous action, they may not speak to the other family members at all. Keep them busy while they wait for the newspaper by commanding them to “read a book”, “relax on bed”, etc.

All members of a family must be related to each other. There can be no roommates in the initial families, although you’re welcome to move in roommates once play starts.

Once your families are determined, place their names on a list in the order they were created. You will play their houses in this order.

Families may move into any home or size lot you choose. They may live in Maxis-made houses, houses downloaded from the exchange, or houses you design yourself. They may be moved around throughout the game if they outgrow their current lodging, however they are encouraged to remain and expand, so there are bonuses set up to that purpose.

When first setting up the neighborhood, begin building their house when you get to their family in the play schedule. By setting them up in this fashion, you will ensure that even the first family on the schedule can visit and call the other playable sims. If you have a placeholder sim, you are allowed to play the family before the official start of the game only long enough to move the adult out . If you choose to kill them by locking them in a room it will take longer than a few hours, so you must wait until their turn on the playlist.

Once play has started, you may break up a larger family by having members move out through the computer or newspaper, or by being asked to move in with another family. This can be done immediately.  If the members moving out start their own house, it need not be considered an original house for the purpose of the bonus.

Game Play:

The Prosperity Challenge is designed to resemble the Family Dynamics Challenge created by Straberiwine74. The goal is to have a prosperous neighborhood in which the families age at a similar rate. Challenge ends with the first 5th generation death or with the death of the last descendant of the original families created in CAS.

You must play each family for the same amount of time, maximum of 7 sim days. The amount of time is up to you. Due to time constraints or attention span, you may decide that 3 or 4 days are easier. Whatever you decide, you must play each family for that length. When you return to #1 on your playlist, you may change the time amount.
-Even if you play with story progression you must at least play each family once every 2 weeks

***When a sim ages you must always use the randomize button

There are no cheats allowed. You may not use boolprop except in the areas specified in these rules. No money cheats. No hacked items that affect mood or game play. You are, however, allowed to use any custom clothing, skins, hair, etc. You may use fixes or move_objects to correct bugs.

From the moment you start the challenge, you are not allowed to add new CAS sims to the neighborhood. The families must progress through natural birth, death, move-in, or marriage. If a sim moves out, their household is added to the bottom of the playlist. If all sims die, leaving a house empty, scratch that name off the list. If a family simply changes houses, they may keep their normal space in the playlist.

With the exception of a placeholder sim as mentioned in the set-up section, you are NOT allowed to intentionally kill a sim. You may not lock them in a room or take away a pool ladder. All deaths must be either natural or a true accident.

Challenge ends with the first 5th generation death or with the death of the last descendant of the original families created in CAS.

Edited thanks to a heads up by BrendaLynne1872: All CAS sims are first generation, regardless of what family members they have when they begin. A second generation sim MUST be born or adopted into the game, even if his sister is first generation due to the original roll of the dice.

You may not use the “combine household” feature to add families together. They must move in through traditional methods (move-in or marriage).

Your sims may marry with any sims in the game.They must be moved in through traditional methods: marriage or move-in.

When marriage occurs, it is not against the rules to have the man take on the woman’s last name, however there is a bonus if all marriages are “traditional”. In the case of same s*x joining, either last name may be taken. Last name is determined by who proposes marriage (not engagement). If a woman is marrying a male townie, move him in first, then have him propose marriage to her.

You must take all opportunities . If you choose to “ignore” or delete the opportunity from your opportunity list, you will lose one score point each time. These cards represent situations that could potentially come up in the job and there would not be an option to ignore in real life.

Scoring:

All scores are based on the honor system. Do your best and let us know how you did.

Neighborhood Scoring:

1 pt per sim in the game including your original sims. People who start with a larger amount of families will get a head start, but trust me, it will even out.

1 pt for each home in the neighborhood that has held a single family for 3 generations or more. Sims may count for two different houses. For example, if Betty is the third generation in her family’s house, but moves out when she becomes an adult, she is also the first generation of her new house.

1 pt per $100,000 net worth neighborhood-wide (add all family’s net worth together) Round up.

1 pt per Life time wish completed.

1 pt for reaching top of an adult career (max 2 points per sim. Second career must be a DIFFERENT career to claim the second point. part time jobs do not count.)

-1 pt if a sim is fired due to poor work performance. This includes teens fired due to bad grades.if you honestly don't know why then you can pass

-1 pt for each ignored career opportunity.

Clarifications:

1. Points for top of a career track are adult jobs only. part time jobs.
2. If a teen is fired from his/her job due to bad grades, it is STILL being fired for poor work performance and will earn a –1 point penalty. (if you don't know,it doesn't count)

If you have any questions about The Prosperity Challenge, please contact Kivrin5511 & Straberiwine74. I would encourage you to join their yahoo website, http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pros...challenge/ , where you will have ample opportunities to discuss and ask questions.

what do you guys think? I loved reading and playing prosperities on the sims 2 so I decided to update it for the sims 3

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Re: My sims 3 updated prosperity challenge
I think its good, although I think it might be a little insane playing it with story progression on. That and you couldn't control anyone new who moves in or something, but then again I guess you could just not play them and think they are just there and not "yours".

I also didn't think this would be possible for TS3 but I guess with a little bending, you could do anything Tongue

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
11-06-2009, 02:16 AM
you wouldnt HAVE to play with story progression i suppose it could easily just be optional

im making my family's right now and its an interesting bunch

3 families

1 is a single dad and 2 twin children,the other is a single dad and a teen girl and child girl
both the kids came out insane!! lol

my thirdd family has 2 more children  and another single father!!!  {blink}  {clap} haha die are crazy
its a single dad with a teenage daughter and a child son

so there are 2 girl children and 2 boy children,then 2 teenage daughters,and 3 single dad's haha!

right now their all living at the top of the hill with the empty lots

11-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I know you don't have to play the story progression, I was just stating it Tongue

And cool! Let me know how it turns out ^_^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
11-06-2009, 03:00 AM
i just exited because the starter lots on the neighborhood stink for families with 3 people haha