Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shadows
14-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Shadows
I don't know if anyon else has this problem but my shadows are really pixelated. I have every setting on high a part from the house view which is on 6. Is this just how the shadows are in the sims 3?

[center][Image: CrowdSpringSiggy.jpg]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Re: Shadows
(14-06-2009 03:38 AM)Sam link Wrote:I don't know if anyon else has this problem but my shadows are really pixelated. I have every setting on high a part from the house view which is on 6. Is this just how the shadows are in the sims 3?

Hmm, I haven't played the sims 3 yet, but is there an option for soft shadows? Also in the control panel for you graphics card, increase the anti-aliasing BUT BE WARNED that turning it up to 4x or 8x will make things look MUCH smoother and better without the square pixel edges everywhere, it will add extra load to your GPU, if you have a weak one.
Look at Anti-Aliasing:
http://www.simsforums.net/technical_talk...285.0.html

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
17-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Cool! Thanks so much. Big Grin Karma

[/center]
19-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Um, sorry for bothering you again, I thought I knew what I was doing but now I'm stuck. How do I turn anti aliasing on or do I have have to do something else? I'm new at this  {wacko}.

[/center]
19-06-2009, 01:10 PM
(19-06-2009 11:30 AM)Sam link Wrote:Um, sorry for bothering you again, I thought I knew what I was doing but now I'm stuck. How do I turn anti aliasing on or do I have have to do something else? I'm new at this  {wacko}.

Are you using discrete graphics or integrated;
Also, which brand?

Thanks.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
22-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Um, I think it is an intergrated graphics card.

Here are the details:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor

I don't know if you need any more details but if you do just let me know. Smile Thanks.

[/center]
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
(22-06-2009 02:46 AM)Sam link Wrote:Um, I think it is an intergrated graphics card.

Here are the details:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor

I don't know if you need any more details but if you do just let me know. Smile Thanks.

Sorry its taken so long for a reply  Tongue
Anyway, you should have a program called Catalyst Control Center
When you enter it go here:
http://ati.amd.com/includes/popup.html?....-3D-AF.jpg
See where it says Ant-Aliasing in the image? Click that and change it to 2x. Setting it to high will GREATLY lower your FPS.

02-07-2009, 10:57 AM
That is so much better. {ohmy} Thanks so much! more karma Tongue

[/center]
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
No problem, glad it worked out  {upsidedown}