Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Difference between VGA card and Video card?
22-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Difference between VGA card and Video card?
My dad is convinced that the problem with the game not running well is because of my old VGA card and not my video card. So my question is, what is a VGA card and what is the difference between a VGA card and a Video card?

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2009, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2009 12:32 AM by GameGirl.)
Re: Difference between VGA card and Video card?
(22-06-2009 01:03 PM)Ahmedkins™ link Wrote:My dad is convinced that the problem with the game not running well is because of my old VGA card and not my video card. So my question is, what is a VGA card and what is the difference between a VGA card and a Video card?

Hello, VGA is Abbreviations for "video graphics array"
In 1987 IMB introduced VGA, Every modern graphics adapter or card is capable of displaying the VGA mode, but will only do so if the proper device driver is not present or cannot be located. So we actaully don't use VGA to display our graphics anymore. So i'm guessing you need a new graphics card.
Unless your computer is VERY old. lol You should give us your specs. And we can help you out some more.
(do you have a PCI, PCI EXPRESS, AGP...) And before you buy a graphics card, make sure your computer meets or exceeds the min. requirements for he game. And that your power supply has enough watts for the graphics card.
01-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Re: Difference between VGA card and Video card?
OK, There is no difference
Either known as:
VGA Card, Video Card, Graphics Card, GFX Card.
/End of Thread

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />