Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prevent Sims from leaving town?
24-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Prevent Sims from leaving town?
I made a group of Sims and placed them in a house next to mine. After a few days I had many good friends there, which was important for my political career. Then suddenly it said they decided to move to another town and they were completely gone. This is especially bad for the charisma skill, since they're gone from my list of acquaintances too, so I can't call them anymore.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't mind them moving to another house in the same town, but whole households completely disappearing sucks. On the other hand I don't want to stop the city from evolving, so turning that option off is out of the question.

On another note: One Sim in this household accidentally got the wrong surname. Now I know you can change the name by going to the City Hall, but that would mean that I have to make this household my active one. If I do this though, the game warns me that all wishes will be lost from my current active household, which I don't want to risk either. Is there a way to change names without going to the City Hall, like in an Editor?
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Re: Prevent Sims from leaving town?
This a common problem. The only way is too turn off story progression but that leaves you at a dilemma cause the sims won't do much anymore. Story progression is doing this to your sims and nothing else. It might be a bug or it might something they felt needed to be done.

Never settle for less!
24-06-2009, 04:29 PM
(24-06-2009 10:16 AM)Chiba link Wrote:I made a group of Sims and placed them in a house next to mine. After a few days I had many good friends there, which was important for my political career. Then suddenly it said they decided to move to another town and they were completely gone. This is especially bad for the charisma skill, since they're gone from my list of acquaintances too, so I can't call them anymore.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't mind them moving to another house in the same town, but whole households completely disappearing sucks. On the other hand I don't want to stop the city from evolving, so turning that option off is out of the question.

On another note: One Sim in this household accidentally got the wrong surname. Now I know you can change the name by going to the City Hall, but that would mean that I have to make this household my active one. If I do this though, the game warns me that all wishes will be lost from my current active household, which I don't want to risk either. Is there a way to change names without going to the City Hall, like in an Editor?
Once again my last shot at saving this forum... http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/in...185.0.html

It fixes the random sim move out of neighborhood thing and it also comes with lots of other fixes and cool things

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
24-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Are there any problems with using this mod. you know like breaking my computer or something like that.

Never settle for less!
24-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I haven't had any.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
25-06-2009, 04:25 PM
(24-06-2009 04:29 PM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:Once again my last shot at saving this forum... http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/in...185.0.html

It fixes the random sim move out of neighborhood thing and it also comes with lots of other fixes and cool things

Thanks, I just installed it and will give it a try. You should pin this link to the top of every forum.

It's just funny how much of a fuss the author makes about installing this framework and .package files. If he wrote that it's just unzipping the content into the Sims folder I wouldn't have spent so much time figuring it out. Tongue
26-06-2009, 05:32 PM
(24-06-2009 09:26 PM)Zan link Wrote:Are there any problems with using this mod. you know like breaking my computer or something like that.

I've never seen an awesomemod break a computer or cause any problems beyond maybe some capability uses (Which can happen to anyone and anything).

This mod fixes everything, I swear xD

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
26-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I only had the game crash once and when I downloaded  enablesripterrorpackage  I have had no problems since.
26-06-2009, 06:34 PM
^ Aye, or problems where just they don't work randomly, but it doesn't kill the computer since its reversible XD I forgot to add that xD

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
27-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Any hack/mod can damage your game, it shouldn't be able to damage your computer.
If you experience any problems just remove the file.  Smile