or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 3 Custom Content?
05-07-2009, 10:39 PM
The Sims 3 Custom Content?
Hi,

A few questions...

sorry if these are already posted I searched it and nothing really came up...

1) When will you be able to make custom content for the sims 3?
(if you know sites for how to make them or already made ones please tell!!!)
2) How can you make movies for the sims 3?

Thanks - this will help me a lot !!!

Smile

~Simschick17~
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Re: The Sims 3 Custom Content?
Mod The Sims has some custom content, but right now its mainly patterns and houses. I don't know when or if we'll ever be able to make custom content because EA is trying to make it harder this time around.

And to make movies, its just the same way as TS2, where you use the keyboard shortkey "v" or the film camera on the UI, near the other controls (I think o_o I don't have the game up at the moment xD) And then to edit them, you can use your own editing software or upload the clips to TS3 site and they have an editor there.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
07-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Ditto, Phoebe.

Also, Parsimonious.
07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I want CC so bad. The CC now is obviously nothing like it was when TS2 was still going, and we had a wealth of options available... I feel so deprived *sob* Mama does love her CC... Sad

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
07-07-2009, 05:14 PM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=6771.msg255576#msg255576 date=1246982025]
I want CC so bad. The CC now is obviously nothing like it was when TS2 was still going, and we had a wealth of options available... I feel so deprived *sob* Mama does love her CC... Sad

Cassieeee... Where have u been? O.o no really i haven't seen u post in a while Tongue

((OFF topic))

hehe i dont have the game Tongue and i want Cc too.. so its sort of impossible for me Tongue

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
07-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Yea, Sims 3 has to catch up to TS2. I mean, the gameplay is better but the overall look of the sims is pwehpweh *thumbs down*
07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
(07-07-2009 05:14 PM)BubbleSim(xxSimsloverxx) link Wrote:[quote author=Cassiekins ;] link=topic=6771.msg255576#msg255576 date=1246982025]

Cassieeee... Where have u been? O.o no really i haven't seen u post in a while Tongue

((OFF topic))

hehe i dont have the game Tongue and i want Cc too.. so its sort of impossible for me Tongue
[/quote]

*waves* Hey! Smile
Been busy with life, and I didn't want to post here until I'd played the game well enough to get into talking about it Tongue I STILL haven't played it enough, but I couldn't resist poking my nose in and saying something. When I've got more time to play the game I'll post all the time [again]. XD

It's taking longer than I expected to get the CC in...  that's not too bad for me now though, I still have a lot to do with the game, but in a month or two, surely there has to be some proper CC flooding in...  {yes}

07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Smile) yea i might get the game today so.. fingers crossed i get it Smile

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
07-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Dont worry custom content will come. if man made it, than man can get around it. Also Peggysims or peggyzone already has one hair up right.  I haven't found a way to get my game to recognize it though {glare}.

Never settle for less!
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
(07-07-2009 07:30 PM)Zan link Wrote:Dont worry custom content will come. if man made it, than man can get around it. Also Peggysims or peggyzone already has one hair up right.  I haven't found a way to get my game to recognize it though {glare}.

I had a few problems with it at first, but I have it in my game now.
You need to go to 'My Computer', then click where it says SYSTEM [does that make sense?], then go to 'Program Files', then click 'Electronic Arts', and finally head to 'The Sims 3'.

You'll have two files when you extract the hair download. A normal file and then a Resource file.
Extract the RESOURCE.cfg file here, the other file in the download needs to go somewhere else.

Where you just placed the Resource.cfg file, [Program Files> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3], you'll need to make a new folder and name it *Mods* without the asterisks. Then inside your Mods folder, make another folder called *Packages*, again without the asterisks.
It's in your Packages folder that you place the file.

In the game, the hair is a replacement for the ladies' Mohawk, so make sure you click the Mohawk, and it'll appear as the new custom hair.

Best of luck, hope I didn't make that TOO confuzzling... Smile

EDIT; Just to say, make sure you don't go to My Documents>Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 and place it there... it won't work. You need to place it through Program Files.