Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 3 Jagged lines even when max settings + AA
07-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Sims 3 Jagged lines even when max settings + AA
Hi everyone i am a big fan of sims and currently i am playing sims 3 and its awesome Big Grin 8) but i have a graphic problem not really a problem but i get jagged lines all over the sims skin,buildings and objects and they dont look good i have Sapphire Radeon 4890 1GB graphic card and with Catalyst 9.6 and i play sims 3 at my max monitor resolution that is 1440x900 32bit at 85 hz refresh rate is there anyway i can get rid of jagged lines plz help me thank you
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Re: Sims 3 Jagged lines even when max settings + AA
Do you have edge smoothing on?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
07-07-2009, 07:30 AM
(07-07-2009 07:18 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:Do you have edge smoothing on?

Yes and no i tried both still no use the jagged lines are still there i tried disabling adaptive AA but still no change
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
is your RAM good?

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
07-07-2009, 08:32 AM
(07-07-2009 08:21 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:is your RAM good?

Well i only have 2 GB and i think its more than enough for me to run this game and i have no lag issues my game runs as fast as it can so no slow downs only graphics is the problem
07-07-2009, 08:38 AM
what setting do you have the graphic settings on?

07-07-2009, 08:44 AM
(07-07-2009 08:38 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:what setting do you have the graphic settings on?

everything high and very high except high detail lots which is set to 1 and edge smoothing is low
07-07-2009, 08:44 AM
maybe your graphics card just can't handle it (Try nvidia?)

07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
(07-07-2009 08:44 AM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:maybe your graphics card just can't handle it (Try nvidia?)

There no way for that to happen dude this is the latest ati card how can it not play sims 3 at max while it can play farcry 2,crysis at max its not graphic card problem its just a bug in game or something anyway i think i figured it out the jagged lines only apper in create a sim but after i get into the game that is move my family inside a house and start playing all the jagged edges became smooth and no curves at all well i think it was becoz of vsync or something else any way thanx for helping but there is no way my graphic card is bad i love my graphic card its the latest and the best in ati
07-07-2009, 04:23 PM
well, i suggest going in Medium settings because.. it  COULD im not saying it is, your video card... so yea that's my suggestion.

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]