Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When i got the game..
10-07-2009, 01:36 AM
When i got the game..
Soo i went to Ebgames to get the game.. (there was only 3 left now there is 2) I went to the cashier.. girlll thing and this is what she said to my mom Tongue

"Okay, do you have anyone in the house that understands how to read the specs?" (okay well I'm 16 here.. sooo lol ;P)

"yeah"

"Okay.. do you know if your computer can handle the game"

"Uh.. no"

"Okay well go to this website. http://Www.Canyourunit.com

(WELL NO WAY!)

"okay"

"so don't open up the game until you know if u can run it, cause u cant return PC games."

and this is what my mom said "Why are u telling this to me, I'm not buying the game she is"

"Oh I'm sorry ma'am (blah blah blah)

"okay just so you know the Sims 3 comes with 10 bonus Sim points." (whatever just tell us how much it is"

"Okay can we like check this out now?"

"Okay ma'am and the total is 54.45"

and then we leave after almost an hour.

AND THAT IS WHY I HATE BUYING GAMES FROM THE EXACT STORE.

well.. at least i got the game ;P my sister is a ATI (ATI Raedon) Woot ;P maybe i can play

Soo yay Tongue

that's just my experience! so yay i got the game Tongue

[Image: bubblesim.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Re: When i got the game..
I think she just wanted to help you. It's a good advice to check the specs before buying a game, and you can't return a game if you couldn't play it on your computer. Smile
10-07-2009, 02:07 AM
(10-07-2009 02:05 AM)Cororon link Wrote:I think she just wanted to help you. It's a good advice to check the specs before buying a game, and you can't return a game if you couldn't play it on your computer. Smile
;_;
yeah. I can't play it and obviously am unable to return it XD

10-07-2009, 02:33 AM
(10-07-2009 02:07 AM)sommie &&; lambert link Wrote:;_;
yeah. I can't play it and obviously am unable to return it XD
My computer meets the specs but the game keeps crashing, so I won't be playing it anyway before I know what to do or a new patch comes out.  {blush}

I was very disappointed when I first played Sims 3, but now when I began to like it more and more it started crashing. It's always something, isn't it?  {lol}
10-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Mine crashes too. It's a common probably that will get fixed eventually, it's just a case of waiting around for EA to come out with a proper patch that actually fixes things instead of magnifying problems or adding to them. I can still play though, but, I have to save, like, a lot. Yeah. Luckily for me, saving only take about 20 secs.

Specs are a disregard with this game. The game itself decides whether your computer is worthy. If it think your computer failz for w/e reason that has nothing to do with specs, then, I guess you'll know about it. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
12-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Honestly, my game has yet to crash xD It hasn't crashed at all, since I've gotten it.

But yeah, she was probably trying to be helpful. From her standpoint, they've probably had a lot of try-to-return customers where the game didn't work on their computer at all. When I worked at the college bookstore, we were the same way because if you opened certain textbooks, you couldn't return it. So she was probably trying to get the information out there, just in case.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]