Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the name of this premade sim in Riverview??
10-07-2009, 01:54 AM
What's the name of this premade sim in Riverview??
I've played with a premade family in Riverview and now I want to know what they are called in the english version. The live in the red brick house with a separate garage for two cars and a large pool. See, the house on the lower left corner on this picture:

http://i44.tinypic.com/jtbdw2.png

In the swedish game they are called Joline and Victor Binblom, and they have a teenaged daugther and a baby I can't remember the names of and I can't check the game now because I have unstalled it (it kept crashing so I will install it again when I know what was wrong with it or wait for a new patch).
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Re: What's the name of this premade sim in Riverview??
I've played Riverview endlessly so I should know this, but  can't work out which house you mean, but I've had a looky at all of the lots in that corner, there isn't a family with a teenage daughter and a baby, though there is a family with just a teenage daughter, they're called Yvette and Walter Grisby [the mum and dad] and the daughter is called Laurel. How long have you been playing Riverview? It's possible Walter and Yvette had another baby while you played another lot, which explains the extra baby.

The only other lot with a pool there is the Lessen family, and that's just a dude who lives alone.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
10-07-2009, 04:02 AM
I've played Riverview for uhm.. four hours maybe.

I found a screenshot of the mom in the family, Joline Binblom is her name in the swedish game. She's a young adult. This is her and their home:

[Image: jol.jpg]
10-07-2009, 04:12 AM
I see. *checks game*

Nobody inhabits that house for me.  O_o The game generates and moves in new families by itself, so, that could be the reason.

I've looked through the other lots in the neighbourhood [this is a fresh Riverview, as my previous Riverview I've been playing for weeks...] and no family that bares any resemblance exists, so either I haven't looked hard enough, or it's a game-generated new family. Smile

10-07-2009, 04:28 AM
This is cool and spooky at the same time. I thought they were made by EA. Maybe I'm the only one who has this family.  {ohmy}

So some sims are premade, and some are generated randomly by the game. So this could be a game generated family? Cool.  Big Grin

I did a back up of the save files, and hope they work when I reinstall the game later. I already miss playing with them.  {unsure}
10-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah, you're game most likely generated them itself. It does that to keep the population going. Smile Mine does that too. But my game has an awful habbit of COPYING my family names when it generates new families! I named a family 'Garcia', then next thing I know, a new family moves in called the Garcia family.
Then I named my daughter Carlotta [don't ask], and the game decided to name one of its new Sims Carlotta. It's like eek, can ya be more creative? :\

10-07-2009, 05:26 AM
I think the game adds the names to the list it chooses from when it creates new sims. The idea is good, but it isn't fun if you want to give some sims very special personal names.

What if you make a test-sim and call her Xvqrsdfg, and when you're done drowns her in a pool or something. Then a week later a new sim moves into town. She's gorgeous, but her name isn't! Hello Miss Xvqrsdfg!  {lol}

We should have a checkbox we could check if we want the game to copy the name to it's list or not. And it would be cool if we could add names to it.  Smile
10-07-2009, 03:09 PM
LOL. XD

Yeah, the names  pretty awful. All my Sims keep getting galled Catherine or Cathleen... seriously... and it named one of my Sim boys Manu. Enough said. No offense if anyone reading this is called Manu.

10-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Manu is short for Manuel or Emanuel. A friends name is Emanuel and I took the nuel part and call him "Nulle" sometimes. He hates that.  Big Grin

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/61312.page