Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
>_<
06-08-2009, 10:16 PM
>_<
So, I'm trying to work on my new Legacy, but yesterday the computer was being a pain, I figure okay maybe the house they're in is too big.  So, I start to work on a smaller house.  No go there.

Every 5 minutes, on the dot, my game locks and my computer freezes up with this static sound.  I can't do anything but reboot my computer.  I had this problem before, and the only way I was able to get rid of it was to completely uninstall and reinstall my game >__<

This is getting very old and frustrating.  I'm almost certain it has to do with my Windows XP being messed up.  A friend of mine built my computer, but she used a bootleg copy of XP and now it doesn't work properly anymore.  I could just reinstall XP, but I don't have any disks for anything ...

So I dunno what to do.  I'm very tempted to just say forget it and give up on the sims entirely.  It's frustrating and really upsetting that I can't do anything.  Saving every 2 minutes is annoying and if I forget I lose all my progress!  I'm gonna try deleting a few things from my game, maybe it was something CC wise ... which stinks, if so.  Cause I have very little of it and almost all of it came from TS2.com itself.

Only lip glosses, eyeshadows and default eyes came from somewhere else.  Lyran is where I got the Lips and eyeshadows and MTS2 is where I got the default eyes.  Ugh.  I'm so annoyed right now.

Anyway, to keep this from being any longer, depending on if removing my CC works or not will determine just how long it'll be before I can do anything else with my Legacy >_<  So it may be a while longer before I can start actually posting them.  I haven't tried any other house holds, because I don't have any others.  Except for the maxis made families, of course.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Re: &gt;_&lt;
Try upgrading to vista. My cousin did that for her XP and it works about once an hour the computer would shutdown while playing the sims and it wouldn't turn on for like 3 min.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I can't stand Vista.

I have a feeling the problem is because I had a bootlegged version of Windows.  We have an actual Windows disk, but I'm afraid of restoring my system.  I have a LOT of stuff that would take forever to put onto disks x.x  Not to mention Games that I've downloaded and might not be able to reinstall due to one-time-use registration codes and whatnot.

Plus, I just don't have the money to purchase/upgrade to Vista. I'm still unemployed.

07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I would say to take out ALL of your CC. It's possible you have too much that your computer can no longer handle. If that doesn't work, back up your sims and then do a complete reinstall, like, COMPLETE. Look up how to make sure you get every little thing deleted and then reinstall. Before you put your sims back in, play a different/new family. If it works, only put in the families you can't live without.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I have less CC now than I did before. And it ran just fine before until my XP went bad and then I started having this same exact issue.  I'm almost certain it's because my Windows XP is messed up, I never had problems until my XP went bad.  Also, I was fine until I installed the Ford Vehicles from TS2.com ... after that my game started acting weird.  So I removed the Cars from my game.  I also ran a defrag and used a system clean up disk that my mother bought.  Gonna go into my game and see if all that helped.  If not, than I likely will be reinstalling my game entirely, after I save the family.

Problem is ... I don't know HOW to locate JUST that family's file ...