Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Family Tree Glitchiness
07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Family Tree Glitchiness
At first I thought I'd just messed it up somehow, but this is happened on 3 occasions now so I figured something's up.

Sometimes, when my Sims have a baby, they'll WooHoo together but when the baby is born, it ends up only having a mother and the father not actually being its father. So the child wont have a father, only a mother. The father will instead just be a step-father, and its brother's and sisters end up being half-siblings, which is really annoying if you don't want that kind of set-up.

Has anyone else had this problem? :\

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Re: Family Tree Glitchiness
Can't say I've had the problem...sorry.

However, have you tried patching your game?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
07-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Just been to load the game and there is a new update that says

Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

Smile and the world smiles with you<br />[Image: 1.png]
07-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for that. Smile

I figured however that the babies being no longer born to single parents meant the neighbours around you, because there was teh huge glitch with Sims having kids by themselves. But that's fixed in my game.
I'm also kinda scared to download any updates; I have one update and that's worked, but then I d/l a newer one and I ended up having to reinstall my game because it wrecked it.

I do however have the other problem lsted there- the game's taken out a couple of my old Sims from my legacy that I moved out, I guess because of overpopulation or whatever. They still exist but they don't have a home.

I guess I'll take a look at the update and chance a d/l. I just have to reinstall it all over if it goes wrong. Tongue

Thanks!

07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Just back up your game first and then patch...it should work the same as reinstalling I think...

07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't really understand the concept of backing it up. Tongue
But when you reinstall, you don't lose your saved games or CC or anything, so it doesn't really bother me.

07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
You don't? I didn't know that...must be something new with The Sims 3.

07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
That is just weird o_o It might just be a glitch in the creating the sim, to the point it doesn't recognize it having a father o_o In all honestly, I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, aside from maybe reinstalling.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm going to move this to our technical boards in case anyone else has this problem, they can find it there.

08-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Whoops, I should have put it in this board anyhow. Slipped by me. Sorry. Tongue

(07-08-2009 10:08 PM)Phoebe link Wrote:That is just weird o_o It might just be a glitch in the creating the sim, to the point it doesn't recognize it having a father o_o In all honestly, I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, aside from maybe reinstalling.

It's just that it happened three times, so it's not just a one-time thing, so it really bugs me because it has now happened to my legacy family... I don't want the kid who only has a mother and no father to have kids now, because it sort of messes with the family tree. And I had plans for him. Sad
If it happens again... lol, prepare to feel my wrath.

I just took a couple pics now so you can see. See how they both have the same mother but one of them has no father, and you can see the sibling line is broken.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/xBethany456x/familytreemess.png[/img]
[img width=600 height=447]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/xBethany456x/familytreemess2-1.png[/img]