Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harry Potter - Official Thread 2!
11-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Harry Potter - Official Thread 2!
Harry Potter
the official thread 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Low and behold, a new thread for all your Harry Potter rants and raves!
All right people, let's get the party started again!  WOO HOO!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Re: The Harry Potter Official Thread 2!
Yeyy, thanks! Big Grin

Seeing as I'll never know the replies in the old thread...

... any Rose/Scorpius fans? Tongue
Or second gen trio fans even?

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I have yet to read the books. XD
So dunno. Hopefully I'll be. Smile

11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Well you're HALF WAY there. Tongue
And you know so much about book 7 that I'm surpised you don't have an opinion on ths yet! {ohmy}
Lol, jkjk.

Aside from just Rose/Scorpius, when you finish the books [& to people that have finished them] anyone James/Lily fans too? I don't wanna say too much since I know [removed]'s not read them all yet.

SPOILERRRRZZZ [highlight];
[glow=black,70,300]I was totaly intruiged with Snape's love for Lily. Weird because I always knew he felt like that, but yet when everyone read it and it became fact, everyone was surprised and I was confused as to why.
By the way, Severus Snape is an anagram of Pursues Evans. I love that.
The Prince's Tale had to be one of the most insightful chapters in Deathly Hallows. We gotta discuss this in full one day.
I'm a James/Lily fan through and through but a part of me sometimes imagines Lily ending up with her best friend in the end and Snape being Harry's father.
I felt for Snape in that chapter, big time.

[/glow]

As you can probably tell I'm in a shipping mood this week. Tongue

Anyone got a particular subject they wanna talk about? Smile

11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I already know Snape fell for Lily Wink
I read it and I heard it somewhere.

Oooh! You make me want to read the Deathly Hollows so much. <__<

11-08-2009, 02:19 PM
There you go, knowing everything about DH again. XD
I have the book in my lap right now 'cause I wanna reference some quotes for a future post I'm gonna make about the chapter. But I want to just jump in the garden right now [it's warm] and spend the afternoon rereading the book. Tongue
But I'll be patient. [:

11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
When school starts I'm gonna read the book Smile
I WILL. I WILLLLLL.

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Ooooh!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY remembered what I was going to ask, like, two months ago!! XD Cassie reminded me of it with talk of the second gen trio ness.

Has anyone read the James Potter books by George Norman Lippert? The first one is 'James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing', and the second is 'James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper'. Basically, they're fanfics (rather epic ones, considering he managed to turn them into full-length, web-based novels). See, the really fanceh site for HoEC popped up a while back, leading fans to believe "zomg, Jo's writing a Faith Hook!!" (<< haha Cassieeeee). Anyhoo, Jo's people said "bleh, no she's not" and jumped on the legal train, trying to take down this "fake Rowling". But after reading it, Jo herself (!!!) "approved" his book, so to speak, and allowed him to continue writing the expansion to her series so long as he only publishes his stories online, meaning he can't make any money off of them.

Anyway, enough of the background story. XD I've read them, and I was curious as to if any of you have. Smile

Anyhooooooo...I am indeed a Rose/Scorpius shipper! I also adore the idea of the second gen trio being Rose, Albus, and Scorpius. Hmm...a tv show...I suppose it could have potential, so long as they don't make it absolutely corny. They'd have to have people that have worked on the main HP ness (such as the movies, perhaps even some input from Jo herself, etc.) working on it. I wouldn't want a bunch of no-name newbie fans trying to duplicate the brilliance of HP (and of course failing miserably at it). But if done properly, I'd of course watch it!

As for the Severus/Lily/James triangle, I have to admit I'm more of a James/Lily shipper than a Severus/Lily shipper. I mean, I sometimes think it'd be adorable if Lily had ended up with her best friend, but at the same time I LOVE the idea of Lily, a mature, level-minded, hard to catch girl ending up falling for a boy like James, a majorrr trouble-maker (and quite the lady's man, as some fans like to say). They're such opposites, really, yet they fit. Much like Ron and Hermione.

Oy, could you imagine Snape as Harry's father?! Alternate story, much? If you really think about how much that would change the story...wow. Not even quite sure if there WOULD be a story at that point, since Severus would have no doubt never have delivered the message to Voldemort that caused all this in the first place.

You know what other ship I've heard a lot about? Hugo and Lily. Any thoughts on that one?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, J.K. Rowling has no problem with people writing fanfics of her characters and posting them online.  It's when they try to turn profit off of HER own Copy Righted characters that she gets annoyed.  They are her characters, they have a set history and role, she has every right to get legal over people trying to publish and make money off of HER originally thought and created characters.

But I think it's cool how she supports people who enjoy making fanfics.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
12-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Of course. The only reason why this one stirred up so much hype was because he had a whole site made for it and everything, it wasn't just on some fanfic site. And being a computer programmer, the site was really shnazzy and professional looking. Plus, it was in more of a novel-like form than most fanfics.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD