Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
package mods have no home!
11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
package mods have no home!
i have downloaded a few mods off modthesims2.com and it says to save it to the mods folder.. Thing is i dont have one on the install.. Can anyone help? How to i add the mods?
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Re: package mods have no home!
You have to create one manually.
Go to Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and create a new folder called Mods. Within the Mods folder make another folder called Packages. This is where your downloads will go.
It's important you go through Program Files and NOT Documents - it won't work that way.

Or you could just download this Install Helper Monkey [though I'm not a fan of it personally] and it'll send your downloads onto the appropriate location automatically.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

Good luck. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
26-08-2009, 04:37 AM
Awesome!! Worked a treat altho i just followed your instruction Smile Thanks a lot Smile
26-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Good good, your welcome! Smile

08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Did I put my downloads in the right folder? I didn't install Sims 3 on C: so I'm confused. Please look if the other folders in your game have the same names (Cache, Game, GameData, Support, Thumbnails) and then the new folder "Mods" and in it "Packages" containing the downloaded packages.

[img width=600 height=312]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/cororon/vadarfel.jpg[/img]

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because only the Oaktree_shortanklesocks works in my game but not the two hairstyles.  Sad
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Try using the monkey install mod from MTS2

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I could.. and then look where it put the files. But I just want to know if it's the right folder.
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
That's the right folder, I'm guessing something wrong with the resource file. Installing the monkey should rightfully install the resource file for you.

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
08-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Have you got to the 'The Sims 3' folder via program files > Electronic Arts? It's important you go though program files.

09-09-2009, 02:24 AM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=7057.msg270096#msg270096 date=1252433632]
Have you got to the 'The Sims 3' folder via program files > Electronic Arts? It's important you go though program files.
No, because I used the advanced option when I installed Sims 3 and choose to install the game on another part of the hard disk where I had enough space. So for me it's in the E:\The_Sims_3

Could it be that the resource file is only working if you used the simple installation where the game installed automatically in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3?

But why then do the downloaded socks work?  ???