Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mods for the sims
17-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Mods for the sims
I'd like to download some. The only thing is I don't want uninstalling the game to be the only option for getting rid of them

Don't get me wrong, some things aren't a problem. With objects if you don't like them, just don't buy them. For doors, if you don't want them locked just don't lock them.

But what's really the thing is stuff that gets integrated into the game changes it from what it normally is and can't be removed, short of uninstalling the game, that's what I want to avoid. For every game that allows mods there needs to be a mod for mods itself, that allows you to remove things without reinstalling the game.
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Re: Mods for the sims
Let me know when you find out how to do that

[i]Moderator Edit: [size=7pt]Link removed
30-11-2009, 11:09 PM
(17-08-2009 06:11 AM)simmer link Wrote:I'd like to download some. The only thing is I don't want uninstalling the game to be the only option for getting rid of them

Don't get me wrong, some things aren't a problem. With objects if you don't like them, just don't buy them. For doors, if you don't want them locked just don't lock them.

But what's really the thing is stuff that gets integrated into the game changes it from what it normally is and can't be removed, short of uninstalling the game, that's what I want to avoid. For every game that allows mods there needs to be a mod for mods itself, that allows you to remove things without reinstalling the game.

I didn't know you have to uninstall the game to remover the mods. I had a few that I didn't want anymore so I just took them out of the package folder and dragged them on to my desk top so I would be able to put them in again when I wanted to. You mean they may have messed up my game some how? I had awsome mod and dexter bear and chaos mod and I think the one where if you work hard you get promotions easier. My cousin showed me how to put them in and then I didn't want them, should I uninstall my game now?
02-12-2009, 01:36 AM
(30-11-2009 11:09 PM)Poesque link Wrote:[quote author=simmer link=topic=7099.msg263269#msg263269 date=1250485861]
I'd like to download some. The only thing is I don't want uninstalling the game to be the only option for getting rid of them

I didn't know you have to uninstall the game to remover the mods. I had a few that I didn't want anymore so I just took them out of the package folder and dragged them on to my desk top so I would be able to put them in again when I wanted to. You mean they may have messed up my game some how? I had awsome mod and dexter bear and chaos mod and I think the one where if you work hard you get promotions easier. My cousin showed me how to put them in and then I didn't want them, should I uninstall my game now?
[/quote]

Wrong game. Awesome mod and such are for The Sims 3, this board and thread is for The Sims 1

...although I don't think you have to uninstall the game to take them out for TS1 o_0 For TS3, you just take them out and put them on the desktop.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]