Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AS Level Results!
20-08-2009, 01:37 PM
AS Level Results!
Well they could've been a LOT worse haha.
So I'll explain!

The grades for a pass are A-E
And I have coursework grades, exams grades and I've calculated my overall grade!

Coursework
Media - 83/100 (A)
English - 41/100 (D)

Exams
Media - 54/100 (D)
English - 101/120! (A) I was going to drop that one as well, but you'll see why I change my mind now Tongue
History 1 - 25/100 (U)
History 2 - 41/100 (E) Thats what I HAVE to drop haha.
Psychology 1 - 34/80 (E)
Psychology 2 -63/120 (D)
General Studies (LOL) - 110/200 (D)

Overall
(Thats the exam and coursework put together)
Media - 137/200 ©
Psychology - 97/200 (E)
History 66/200 (E)
English (Couldn't work out because its a diferent board and the boundries are different)

They don't sound the best but I'm actually really proud. With the overall grades, I passed all of them Smile

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Re: AS Level Results!
Congratulations!!!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
20-08-2009, 07:33 PM
yay when you've been talking about the results all week I was scared for you  {lol}
Congratulations 

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
20-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Congrats!
That's alot of studies O__O
Well done! Big Grin

20-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Well next year I'm taking English Language, Media and Psychology.
I wanna work in advertising!
I wanted to drop english, I've totally reconsidered!

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
20-08-2009, 11:22 PM
(20-08-2009 10:30 PM)-Nichola- link Wrote:Well next year I'm taking English Language, Media and Psychology.

Yea that's what I wanna do advertising/sales market or investing. If not I want to do unofficial real estate (my dad talks to me ALL day about this stuff) so If I keep a house long enough little by little it will raise its price (well not right now in this economy).
my dad owns 2 places one is our home and the other is a house for rent, and the house for rent cost him 125,000$ but not its worth 300,000-400,000$ but he doesn't want to sell it cause it can make him a lot more money XD my dad's like those evil real estate people, even though that's not what he does it's like a side-job for him but he repairs cars  {blush}

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
21-08-2009, 01:02 AM
(20-08-2009 10:30 PM)-Nichola- link Wrote:Well next year I'm taking English Language, Media and Psychology.
YAY!
:]
I'm majoring in English as well :3

21-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Congrats on passing! That's awesome! Tongue

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
21-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Well done Nichola! Smile
I get my GCSE results next Friday but there's not a chance in hell I'm posting them. Tongue

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
21-08-2009, 04:10 PM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=7130.msg263906#msg263906 date=1250799884]
Congrats!
That's alot of studies O__O
Well done! Big Grin

Sorry, I've just done a long day at school, and now I feel like ranting, and I'm probably going to make a big scene of myself and get sacked for being a mega racist or whatever BUT...

WHAT?!

I'm sorry, but if that's 'a lot of studies' to you...then what exactly does America make you do in school? I mean...In third and fourth year I had to do 8 subjects, total of 19 papers, some people had more, some people had less, depending on which subjects you had taken. This year I have 5 subjects, and internal assessments, and all these different papers. I'm basically now doing the level that Nichola sat for this past year, because I'm obviously a year younger than her, and I'm doing the Scottish equivalent level. But even then third and fourth year was difficult and you had mountains upon mountains of work. Maybe not as hard as the level Nichola was doing, and that I will be sitting this year, but it was almost the same amount of workload.

Yet you say 'That's a lot of studies', so it really does make me think...What on earth do Americans get taught in school? Do you just do like no exams? Do you just get a qualification if you want one, and not have to work for it? Sorry if I sound really...offensive [?] here, but I just think American's get off far too easy...I've never heard of you talking about an exam before. I know [removed] you have told me about you doing all these exams, but to me, those are just like class tests. Exams here are done with moderators/invigilators walking around to make sure no cheating is going on, and you are basically under a lot of stress, and sometimes panic. When you told me about doing your exam in class, it sounded more of a class test to me, not a proper exam. I understand that you may do it way differently from us, but this kind of just backs up my point of Americans getting off to easy.

Sorry if I am way wrong about this, but if one of the American's from this forum could come and back up the fact that you don't actually get off easier than us, then please do so. I would really like to find out.

Sorry Nichola for Hijacking your post btw. But you know I'll always be proud of you, bezzie mate.

Coming Soon...