Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downloads
23-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Downloads
is it just me or is anyone finding it hard to find good cc and downloads?i remember the time on ts2 when practically everything in my sims house was a download i even had a trampoline!now all i can find are stupid game mos and dingy houses,im not lazy or anything but if anyone comes across with a good download would you share it with me/us??and when i download sims hair it doesnt work so i waste my time and space downloading stuff that doesnt work so does any1 no how to fix that?

I speak simlish!:)Do you..........................?
Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Re: Downloads
well we are fairly new into TS3 modding/creating stuff unlike TS2 where everyone was at least 5 years into modding we've only been in it 2-3 months

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
23-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Where are you putting your downloads? Have you made a Mods and Packages folder? Or downloaded the Installer Helper Monkey thingymabobby? If you haven't I can go into more detail about that. Tongue

And it'll probably be next year before we see good CC. CC improves over time. CC for TS2 wasn't great [probably a bit better than what we have now though..] at first, but by 2009 it was brilliant. It'll get better soon enough.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
24-08-2009, 05:57 AM
thanks cass yeee im putting them on my desktop and extracting them to e.a then sims 3 then downloads is that the right way?Big Grin some downloads work but its just the sim ,the hair/outfit will be missng.il try the installer monkey!

24-08-2009, 07:49 AM
yeah definately try the installer monkey.
i've downloaded a few hairstyles and they have all worked fine..
24-08-2009, 11:50 PM
(24-08-2009 05:57 AM)HannaBanana123 link Wrote:thanks cass yeee im putting them on my desktop and extracting them to e.a then sims 3 then downloads is that the right way?Big Grin some downloads work but its just the sim ,the hair/outfit will be missng.il try the installer monkey!

You need to CC like hair and clothes in a different folder.
You can download this and it will create the folder for you [as it can be quite confusing manually, but possible, as I did it manually myself], and you can use it continually and it will place downloads in the correct folder automatically.

To do it manually, you'll need to go to Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and create a new folder named 'Mods' and inside that folder create yet another folder called 'Packages'. Inside the Packages folder is where you'll store downloads. When you download CC, you should get a resource file, you need to place this in Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 [same place you created the Mods folder].

Good luck. Smile

25-08-2009, 07:39 AM
cool thanks!karma Big Grin

25-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks!
Hope it worked. Smile

25-08-2009, 09:53 AM
the installer monkey automatically makes the mods folder in the sims 3 program files.
then u only have to place the extracted files in them and right click and click 'install to sims 3'.
Big Grin
27-08-2009, 12:27 AM
dude stop advertising your website on posts only in your sig

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P