Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dyed hair glitch?
23-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Dyed hair glitch?
This happened more than once. For example, once I dyed my sims's hair blue and then he had a baby and the baby turned out having blue hair. ??? Isn't changing sims' hair colour not supposed to change their DNA?
I hope this is one of the things they fixed in the patch.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Re: Dyed hair glitch?
Hmm, don't know too much about this, but if you changed the hair before pregnancy then it will become genetic to future kids. If you changed it after conceiving then the child shouldn't have blue hair.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
23-08-2009, 09:34 PM
I think it is the most annoying thing ever.    It happens every TIME with my game.
23-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Yea I dont know why EA was actually make this a "feature"

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
23-08-2009, 10:11 PM
ITS HORRIBLE.

Especially if you just want a punk Young Adult, and then their kids has freaking purple highlights!
23-08-2009, 10:22 PM
See, this is a feature that works both ways. I like my Sims having natural highlights that pass down to their kids, but I don't like my Sims with the wild pink hair and green highlights and orange tips giving that to their kids, you know?

Best thing you can do with this is, make your Sim with normal hair, save the colour set as a preset, and then in game go the mirror and create their wacky new hair job. Then, whenever you're wanting your Sim to conceive, go back to their mirror and switch back to their original hair colour just before. Once you know your Sims pregnant [nausea moodlet], you should then switch back to the punk look or whatever. Then the child can have the parents natural hair colour.

23-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, but that just screws up the genetics.    I lways wanted to have a red head in gen 1, and then go thoreugh like 10 gens with no reds, then randomly a red head pops up
23-08-2009, 11:27 PM
(23-08-2009 11:15 PM)Loony B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link Wrote:Yeah, but that just screws up the genetics.    I lways wanted to have a red head in gen 1, and then go thoreugh like 10 gens with no reds, then randomly a red head pops up
Exactly.

dateline= Wrote:link=topic=7155.msg264536#msg264536 date=1251062574]
See, this is a feature that works both ways. I like my Sims having natural highlights that pass down to their kids, but I don't like my Sims with the wild pink hair and green highlights and orange tips giving that to their kids, you know?

Best thing you can do with this is, make your Sim with normal hair, save the colour set as a preset, and then in game go the mirror and create their wacky new hair job. Then, whenever you're wanting your Sim to conceive, go back to their mirror and switch back to their original hair colour just before. Once you know your Sims pregnant [nausea moodlet], you should then switch back to the punk look or whatever. Then the child can have the parents natural hair colour.
You can't change their appearance once they're pregnant. Which is another thing that annoys me.

But seriously, they consider this a privilege? I think it's awful.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
24-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, in that case, yes, it really is suckish. Their genetic hair should be what they entered the neighbourhood in.

24-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah. It was there in TS2, why did they make it like that in TS3 WHY OH WHY.
I hope there's a mod or something that fixes this.