Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great Finds Thread
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Great Finds Thread
Too lazy to go find some Custom Content yourself?

Well, don't worry about it xDD I look for custom content often, as well as some other people. SO, a Great Finds thread is in order Wink

I personally love looking at all of the wonderful things our Sim community makes, so for those who are at least semi-lazy, be sure to check this thread often as I'll try to find some diverse things for everyone to go "OooooO" and "Aahhahh" over, and possibily even download!

For anyone who would like to contribute, feel free! One person cannot comb the entire internet looking for stuff. However, I do ask for some courtesy for the sites in which we will be getting these great finds by:
  • Please (With many prettys on top) do not hotlink if you are posting the picture to go with the creation for us to look at. Since most of this will be free stuff from free sites, if you just take the image url and paste it in this thread, you are causing their bandwidth usage to go up. They have to PAY for that to keep their site up and running to share their creations with us, and they don't charge us anything for their creations, so most likely it comes out of their pockets, or donator's pockets. So please please please take the extra step to upload a preview image to your own photohosting account and post THAT url here, not one that has their address on it.
  • You can also use the forum's gallery for pictures of great finds!
  • Be sure to post a link to the exact page with the creations on it. Most people don't want to go hunting for it.
  • If you don't want to post a preview picture of the items that you want to post, just post the link and describe what it is. So don't just say "Shorts", say "Plaid shorts" or something.
  • Don't link to downloads that are paid, but been placed elsewhere for everyone's free taking. Stick to 100% Free Content.

I'll be posting shortly with my finds that I found yesterday.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Re: Great Finds Thread
Not sure if I'm doing this right BUT..
I really love this one, mostly because the outfit is wonderful for teens.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_deta...guageCode=
This is also a good outfit for teens.
I really like these braids.
This is for you, Phoebe.
Also here is a somewhat self sim I made of Jen one time, it sucks but it is cute, LOL.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_deta...id=1572633

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
05-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Haha, you beat me to the punch! I'd recommend using more descriptions, like what kind of outfit for teens, but its okay xD

Great finds though! xDDD Nice ugly sim!

September 4th and 5th Finds

Cuddly Muppets PJs for Men @ MTS - 3 shirts, with long pants or underwear. Featuring 3 muppets characters! (Swedish Chef, Animal, & Kermit)

[img width=600 height=450]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g59/charmed1406/MTS2_fakepeeps7_992171_bunnyslipper.jpg[/img]
Bunny Slippers for Kids @ MTS - Cute PJs with bunny slippers!

(More coming soon. I just wanted to get at "Oh look, that's what I meant" up for both TS2 and TS3 Great Finds threads, at the same time. = not easy)

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Haha those are cute XD

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
05-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Phoebe, you can also use our Gallery to upload the images. I'll create a folder entitled 'Great Finds' or something if you like?

Coming Soon...
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Okay, that sounds good ^_^ I'll add to both rules, er, guidelines. xD WHATEVER we want to call them.

06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
September 6th Finds

Mod the Sims

Ladder with Custom Animations - The title says it all. A ladder that sims can climb up and down and has animations to fit it. Perfect space savers.

"We're Off To See The Wizard ..." Yellow Brick Road Groundcover
- Perfect for any Wizard of Oz fans! A groundcover that looks just like yellow bricks. QUICK! TO THE WIZARD!

First impressions - Recolours for Sims Store baby items - Some REALLY cute recolors of the baby items from the store. They just look SOO cute <3

There can only be one teddy bear! - A Global Mod that hides the Freetime icons of the bears and places them as recolors of the base game bear.

[Metal Heart] Bruno's 'Smudgy Eyes' Eyeshadows Recolors
- They are recolors of an eyeshadow kit. They look perfect for a gothic look.

Utsukushii-NO CC-Unfurnished and Fully-Furnished
- Woow. A house that is Japanese Style. Best part is that is uses no CC. It looks awesome!

4 realistic eye sets - And they do look realistic! They are very pretty, definitely earned to be featured.'

Sites

Around The Sims 2 - Okay, so I was going to pull some sets from here and put it here, but all of her stuff looks great in the pictures so if you love CC objects, this is a place to check out. I used to download a lot of her stuff for the sims 1, but my computer can't handle it very well, so I never tried TS2 stuff (And I swear, it was all my fault. TS1 was when I first discovered custom content and I went CRAZY over it. Completely crashed my game xD)

Stuff from Various Sites

[Image: snapshot_00000006_17207d26.jpg]

Ice Cream Truck - @ Fresh-Prince Creations

I counted 15 recolors, requires nightlife, and it only $2,500 xD

[Image: snapshot_adae8020_1610604a.jpg]

Alienware Laptop - @ Fresh-Prince Creations

With a Vista interface!

Designer Workwear @ Holy Simoly

It's work outfits for bakery, florists, barista, and waiters. It looks pretty cool ^_^

13-09-2009, 05:03 AM
September 12th Great Finds

Sparking Eyes @ MTS - Verry pretty eyes, available in defaults as well. This person makes wonderful eyes, so its worth checking her out.

Prop Hack @ MTS: Both words bring you to a different link because this was a collaborative project! It's a hack that is perfect for moviemakers and story creators. It makes you sim go into different hand poses to hold purses, umberellas, bags, etc etc, and they stay in it until you stop the animation. It is awesome <3 Prop brings you to the props needed for the hack (so that they show up, you can also place them to buy for your sets) and the hack brings you to the actual hack.

Fifteen Maxis Match Bulletin Boards for Every Taste - Another awesome creation at Mod The Sims. Its a recolor of the bulletin board that came with uni and it has sims 2 pictures for the pictures for the bulletin board, so there's like Teen girls style, aliens, cooking, etc. Definitely worth checking out.

Floor Overlays - Chalk! - @ MTS. It's little floor overlays (like 1x1 and 2x2) and it comes with CUTE chalk art for sidewalks and stuff, so it makes it look like sim kids did it <3 There's also a grudge recolor Wink

New mesh: Floor and desktop fans [animated textures] - Are you also going through hot days? Maybe your sims are! These are soo cool! From MTS.

13-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I have the bunny slippers!
Big Grin
They're so adorable in game.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
18-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Sept 17th

Sorry for the lack of great finds for TS2. I've been playing TS3 more lately.

Cupcake Conspiracy - I'm linking to a whole site again, but that's because its soo cool, She recolors like, anything xD Hair, objects, just STUFF. From what I've seen, I love it (Especially those grudge windows she did xD I wanna do a story that has a grudgy look so I have grudge stuff everywhere xD)

~Goddess~ @ MTS. Oh. My. Gosh. That cat is BEAUTIFUL, so much so that I downloaded her and have to post it up!

Simply Leaftovers @ MTS. It's a hack that lets you save leftovers as a group plate (normal) or individual, so it doesn't take so long xD