Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Signature Character Limititations
06-09-2009, 02:48 AM
Signature Character Limititations
Right now there is a 1000 character limit, which just isn't enough for those of us who would like to be more creative with their profiles, especially if we want to change the font type/size and colors.  Each code takes up character space and leaves less room for actual words.

I like how my signature looks right now, but I'd love if I could include my eggs/hatchlings from dragcave in it as well for clicks and views ... but I can't because I don't have enough room.

So, My Question/Suggestion
Is there a way we can make it so that there is no character limitations for our signatures?

OR

Is there a way to increase the character limitations for our signatures?  Say, to 5000?

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Re: Signature Character Limititations
It is possible to make it unlimited.  At DBC, a forum like this one, it is Smile
06-09-2009, 04:31 AM
I vote make it Unlimited. Whee

[center][Image: 26344442.jpg]
[Image: 90122006.jpg]
[Image: 26189118.jpg]
[Image: anna3qc.jpg]
<br />signature/avvie by [removed] ^_^[/center]
06-09-2009, 04:42 AM
(06-09-2009 03:12 AM)Loony B-rad The Amazingly Amazing link Wrote:It is possible to make it unlimited.   At DBC, a forum like this one, it is Smile

Not all Forums are the same, Brad.  So it might not be possible for this one.  Which is why I am asking about it ^_^  And yes, I know DBC is unlimited, which is where I got the idea to ask if there was a way we could be, too.

06-09-2009, 04:45 AM
What I mean is that DBC is also a Simple Machines Forum.  Just like this one Smile
06-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Lately I've been designing my own forum with the same software this one uses and you can have unlimited characters in the signature. It's the default Wink

I vote for unlimited too. Maybe just add a more specific rule so that it doesn't get out of hand for how LONG the signatures are on the board Wink (Why am I so rule happy lately? x___x)

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
06-09-2009, 04:57 AM
I think that as long as we keep signatures to a reasonable size, then it should be fine to go unlimited.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
06-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I know what you mean.

Over on DBC they have a rule that even though text is unlimited, you have to keep it within so many inches of screen space.  And for here, you might be asked to adjust your Signature if it becomes too long and takes up too much space on the page.

06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Hasn't the signature length already been raised before?

Anywhoo, if that's what the community wants then I suppose that's what the community will get.

Coming Soon...
07-09-2009, 01:24 AM
At first I believe it was 500 or so (?)  And Then Matt Raised it to 1000.