Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my cd wont work
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
my cd wont work
I just got sims 3 i installed it and when i try to play it the game starts but as soon as it goes to the screen where you start your new game a message pops up that says there isno disc in the drive, please insert sims 3 disc. I tried the first and second disc neither works it still says the same thing. please someone help me.... THANX
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Re: my cd wont work
does your computer recognize other games? Maybe the Cd-rom is busted  {ohmy}

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
yes i have played many games on my computer it just acts like its gonna play then it says insert disc when itsalready there
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Try reinstalling the game. If not, it could be your CD drive. EA is having a problem with the disks not being read by certain CD drives, and even though you installed the game, most likely its their own errors.

What computer do you have?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
i have a premier dell laptop 2009 its brand new
12-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Well, after looking around Google links, its possible that your CD drive just can't read the CD, even though it should. It could be the actual hardware or it could be a driver for your CD player. Tons of people are having the problems, and I personally cannot find a solid answer to it.

I would recommend going to the Dell website, look for your computer and download any latest drivers that might be there. Or talk to Dell chat support on it, or even EA, but I don't know how much they'll be.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]