Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help!!
15-09-2009, 03:16 AM
Please help!!
I just bought sims 3    and i came home today really hoping to play, but when i put the disc in to install it.. i was let down.  You see i need to install it but when i put the disc in... there was no Autorun screen! then i went to start and then computer and it wasnt there either!! im very sad that i cant play and none of my friends have ever had this issue. I am running Windows Vista (if that matters) anddd its really annoying... think you can help?
Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2009, 04:17 AM
Re: Please help!!
Do you have a DVD drive or just a CD Drive?

Also, please don't post multiple threads on the same issue.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
15-09-2009, 04:31 AM
(15-09-2009 04:17 AM)Phoebe link Wrote:Do you have a DVD drive or just a CD Drive?

Also, please don't post multiple threads on the same issue.

Im sorry for posting multiples =( and i think i have DvD drive.. how do itell?
15-09-2009, 04:42 AM
It's okay ^_^

If you look on it, it usually says "DVD" or "DVD+RW" or something.

Although if you have a DVD, you are probably one of the few unlucky ones that don't have the right kind of DVD player to read the disk. A lot of the older DVD players won't read the disk that TS3 comes in.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
15-09-2009, 06:24 AM
It says i have DVD RW Drive (DSmile what now?
15-09-2009, 09:12 AM
If it says that, your DVD player probably isn't "new" enough or the right model to read the disk at all.

There's different things you can try to get the game though. I've been reading that if you download the EA download manager and use your code from the game, it should let you download a digital copy.

Also, I'd check other games with your DVD drive. It *could* be going bad, for all we know. Also see if TS3 disk works on other computers.

There's not much to be done with this. It's how the disks were designed. Hopefully you can get a digital copy with your key.