Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MSN...FOOLS!
16-09-2009, 05:40 PM
MSN...FOOLS!
So I was on the phone to Hannah earlier who told me she wasn't able to get onto MSN because she apparently needed the new version. Sure enough, when I got home, I try to sign in and get this message;

[Image: 2lxhtgz.png]

If you click no, then you are unable to sign in. Apparently this is to do with the whole hacking thing that happened a few days ago. I'm pretty annoyed because I hate the newer MSN, it's a complete mess! So I'm not sure if I'll be on MSN for a while...

Coming Soon...
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Re: MSN...FOOLS!
We haven't been gettng that ... o_o  We have a really really really old version of MSN Messanger and it lets us sign in just fine.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
16-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, I read about this.

Starting Sept. 15th, they will not let anyone use the service unless if you have the newest version downloaded, so it'll keep denying you until you do.

It actually has nothing to do with the hacking, I found the message before that happened.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
16-09-2009, 09:03 PM
(16-09-2009 08:57 PM)Phoebe link Wrote:Oh yeah, I read about this.

Starting Sept. 15th, they will not let anyone use the service unless if you have the newest version downloaded, so it'll keep denying you until you do.

It actually has nothing to do with the hacking, I found the message before that happened.

Ooooh. Thankyou for clearing that up Smile Everyone just thought that because on the 'More Info' link, it said that for security reasons, you must upgrade, and the old MSN is unsafe.

Coming Soon...
16-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes xD. They did it because the older one is unsafe, so they want to force everyone to use the newer one, and this probably was decided before the hacking XDD

But your welcome Tongue

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
16-09-2009, 09:22 PM
(16-09-2009 08:46 PM)Jen ♥ link Wrote:We haven't been gettng that ... o_o  We have a really really really old version of MSN Messanger and it lets us sign in just fine.

x3  We're still able to sign into ours.  It hasn't asked us to upgrade at all.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
16-09-2009, 10:14 PM
That's probably a glitch in their system xD It's supposed to be asking.

Edity: Here's the message I was talking about, direct from "Windows Live Help"

Starting September 15, 2009, users are required to have the latest version of Messenger installed on their computer in order to sign in and continue using the Messenger service. To download the latest version of Messenger, go to the Windows Live Messenger website.